HubSpot Ideas

segall12

HubSpot Sales Extension for Safari

Any plans for those who use gmail through Safari? Seems like a very glaring ommission as a supported browser

Thanks,

Lorne

136件のコメント
techupdate
メンバー

I'm facing the same issue with my JBBATTERY personal browser but still, I have not found any solution.

jamesriley1
メンバー

This is very poor from HubSpot and with Chrome being so resource heavy on my Mac and me fully buying in to respecting my own and my team's privacy (Chrome is an ad machine) as a company we seriously need to reconsider our HubSpot subscription. 

Come on guys, the HubSpot Gmail extension is so useful. Stop cutting out a large chunk of your market and make it available on Safari ASAP!!!!

larsorhoj3
メンバー

Apple is now supporting porting of Chrome extensions to Safari. Is that something that will make the transition and support of a HubSpot extension for Safari easier?

MMT
投稿者

Hi there, as stated above, Hubspot keep asking Apple users to use Chrome, non native iOS products.    Second all above comments. 

Any update when Hubspot can create extension for Safari? 

rgaufman
メンバー

Hubspot?? - we've been waiting for this for 4 years so far, can you at least indicate when you will add this?

gik
メンバー

Please HubSpot, do something about this. Safari is optimised for Mac users. Chrome is not.

AGiglio
メンバー

Could not agree more! I started using Vivalidi instead of Chrome and saw a slight jump in performance. At least I can use the extension in that becuase it's based on Chromium. 

But nothing beats Safari for the cross-section of privacy, performance, and ease of use. 

Matt34
参加者

+1 for Safari

Apple has just announced some nice looking enhancements so I'd love to use it with HubSpot.

They've also improved the way that they work with extensions.

Now's te time HubSpot!

polle
投稿者

This is becoming increasingly relevant for our team. As there is a general trend of users moving away from Chrome and both Apple, Google, Microsoft and Firefox have joined forces to draw up standards for browser extensions, I hope the HubSpot team will consider bringing an extension to Safari.

AtlDavidL01
参加者

I'm shocked that you still do not have this done already.  Hubspot's internal system randomly deletes the content of my email at times, so I prefer to work inside my companies gmail.  Typically didn't bother me, but I now have a new Mac, and I'm baffeled at the lack of support  from you for Safari.  Do you have any udpates to this?

CLoop
メンバー

+1 would much prefer to use safari!!!

Spcott
メンバー

Hi, Any news on the Safari extension? This is a much more enjoyable experience for users and now due to changes to extension in Safari it should hopefully be easier to use.

JMessick
メンバー

Any guidance on this?  It appears nobody understands why this hasn't been done?

Morgs
メンバー

I would be very keen to see this product built. Manually typing in the BCC alias on every email I send is painful.

polle
投稿者

There is some hope: a workaround converting the Chrome extension to a Safari extension through Xcode. This gets in into Safari, however, I am unable to get it set up since the content won't load:

Schermafbeelding 2021-08-18 om 21.36.00.png

Curious to see if anyone can find a fix for this!

Update: I got it to work one day later, after I logged out & in of Gmail! 

lourou
メンバー

Converting a Chrome extension to Safari is now piece of cake, as Safari is supporting Safari Web Extensions.

"A Safari web extension adds custom functionality to Safari using JavaScript APIs and common file formats from extensions for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge browsers. "

Source: Apple Developer Documentation: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/safariservices/safari_web_extensions

Could you package the existing Chrome extension so that it works with Safari?

Thanks a lot!

noeIboss
メンバー | Elite Partner

Please add safari support. 

Dpaknayak
メンバー

If not for hubspot, I don't think I would have been using Chrome for work. Please, add support for Safari. We are coming to the end of 2021.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hey team,

Are we looking to re-explore this?

We do have quite a large user base using Macbook and Safari - would be nice if we can provide extensions for them too. Thank you!

cahuntington
メンバー

Thank you, YiRui Chua! It sure would be great to have this extension for Safari, and I’m excited that someone from HubSpot seems to think so, too!