HubSpot Ideas

segall12

HubSpot Sales Extension for Safari

Any plans for those who use gmail through Safari? Seems like a very glaring ommission as a supported browser

Thanks,

Lorne

136 Replies
Philat101
Member | Partner

+1 - Given we are 2 years from original idea.. Im not holding much hope..

DJ3

Sadly it's true, HubSpot are hardly responsive to ideas. If they used macs they'd understand the frustration of Chrome. 
to be honest, I've almost guven up using HubSpot now as I've had to move over to Safari. Such a shame they don't actually listen to there customers. 

EdBrenner

Yes I would like to see gmail in safari browser work too...

Thank You Please

taropaa
Contributor

A safari hubspot extension is desperately needed!

bruno_helpper

when safari? 

Ica

Yes, please. Safari extensions will be much appreciated.

Flora
HubSpot Product Team

At this time, HubSpot does not plan to build specifically for Safari because we are not able to bring a comparable experience to Firefox that we have for Gmail and Outlook. As we evaluate other enabling technologies like Google add-ons, we will revisit this idea in the future but for now we are not planning to build a Safari specific solution.

joedevon

This is very upsetting. And the response clearly was copy pasted from a response to Firefox. As you can see:

At this time, HubSpot does not plan to build specifically for Safari because we are not able to bring a comparable experience to Firefox that we have for Gmail and Outlook. As we evaluate other enabling technologies like Google add-ons, we will revisit this idea in the future but for now we are not planning to build a Safari specific solution.

mikedupuy
Contributor | Gold Partner

+1. Would love to see a sales extension for Safari. Many of my clients don't use Chrome due to privacy concerns.

bdanielson
Participant

Adding feedback, Safari would be much appreciated. 

Alternatively, Outlook for Mac getting an add-in would work. 

JClintonA

+1 and this is coming from a diehard Chrome fan who recently switched to Safari due to privacy and battery concerns. The reply above that mentions Firefox is also disappointing. Can we at least get a gmail add-on instead of an entire browser extension?

mikegmcdonald

Please add Safari support. Chrome is a drain on laptop batteries, plus if you are in the Mac ecosystem using safari is just a better experience. Hoping with the announcement of better extension support in OS 11 this will be a possibility

rgaufman

Does anyone know any HubSpot alternatives that have Safari support?

jrgeertsen

Yes please on Safari support. I've had to move away from Chrome. Please, please, please support Safari. 

taropaa
Contributor

@Flora looks like Apple did half the work for you already. It appears that their new OS will allow you to port chrome extensions to Safari: https://techcrunch.com/2020/06/25/apple-will-let-you-port-google-chrome-extensions-to-safari/ Smiley Very Happy

Looks like a smaller investment with a high return in terms of customer satisfaction (Safari is the #2 browser on the market after all)...

cahuntington

I need this, too. I downloaded Chrome specifically to use with HubSpot, but Chrome is as slow as molasses in January at the North Pole. It's useless to me; therefore, the wonderful HubSpot extension is useless to me.

dgolteanu

Yes I agree with @taropaa the new safari 14 web extensions makes it easy to add the extension. Or a google/g-suite add-on to make gmail tracking browser indepdendent @Flora ?

ORoberts
Participant

Agreed! Please bring HS extension to Safari.

hscott

@Flora Apple put out a note today reminding developers they CAN have the same experience as Chrome extensions on Safari with very little work. I encourage you guys to reconsider making this happen soon.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=kuswih5l

amoa
Participant

We urgently need an extension enabled in Safari.  I've used Chrome for many years and love it.  However, over the last 6 months or so, Chrome has become a massive drain on both my laptop battery, and even more critically on my CPU.  The MacBook fan is nearly constantly running when Chrome is in use and the laptop is slow.  I've therefore reluctantly been forced to switch to Safari as my main browser.  For Hubspot, as a marketing automation software which purpose is to make you more efficient, it is a painpoint that you only get the full user experience when using a browser that slows you and your laptop down.