HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users

We have a number of MAC users. It would be nice to have HubSpot integrate with Outlook for MAC users. Is this a feature that will be available soon?

HubSpot Updates
January 17, 2018 08:01 AM

Hey Pete,

Thanks for responding! I do agree that article could be better, so we're going to update that to include more specific information for Outlook for Mac.

To get the latest version of our Outlook add-in on a Mac, you'll want to click on the red Store button in your Outlook ribbon, search for HubSpot, and then toggle that add-in on.  If you're unable to see the Store, you may want to update your Outlook and check to see if you have an O365 subscription and compatible inbox. For more help on this, please check out this article.    

Re: HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users - changed to: Delivered
January 17, 2018 07:30 AM

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience on this one! I'm happy to announce that HubSpot now supports Outlook for Mac.  You can try out our new add-in by checking out this article on our knowledge base: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales#install-the-hubspot-sales-office-365-add-in

Let me know if anyone has any questions on this! 

In Beta
November 09, 2017 11:31 AM

Hey everyone, 

Happy to say this this feature is now in beta.  To get access to our new Outlook add-in, please submit this form: https://ux.hubspot.com/outlook-add-in-beta

Questions? Let me know!

Krishtha

In Planning
April 05, 2017 03:50 PM

266 Replies
FHC

Vamos para cuando, no quiero tener que vender mi MAC

Ahronson

I have to agree.  When I first became a Hubspot user, I was amazed that the facility didn't exist.   It looks like it has been in the pipeline for some time now, and needs to be given priority

KatieMcCauley

The inbox connection features are great, but we have several sales team members using Macs, and our company does not have Office 365. I would like to see an inbox connection option available for Outlook for Mac users who are not hosted by Office 365.

pineclifflodge

YES WE NEED THIS!

astklagrutta
Participant

Second this! This is the biggest need for my coworkers and I.

Thank you,

Kyle

jaykayde1

Upvoted here! We're not able to track our emails due to being on a Mac (company also doesn't have 365) - working in software company here in Chicago. 

jmax

Currently the only way to integrate Hubspot with a private inbox hosted by Google and accessed on a Mac is via Chrome and the Gmail web interface.

My company's email is hosted via Google, but I won't use the webmail client because it is so ugly I'm afraid of going blind or insane from using it.

Also, Chrome is a serious privacy nightmare, so I don't use it either.

There is currently a Hubspot plugin for Outlook on Windows, it would be very helpful is there was something similar for Outlook on Mac.

joecole23
Participant

We use G Suite for email as well, and absolutely NEED a plug-in for Outlook for Mac that doesn't require Office 365 as the email hosting provider.

kathydouglas

Mac users are EVERYwhere.... Leaving us out creates much extra work on our part. Please fix this so we can be fully supportive of HubSpot.

johngonsalves

I was surprised to learn that HubSpot did not support Outlook for MAC users. This is the vast majority of email users and a huge number of MAC users that use Outlook. This creates extra work and less value in HubSpot without this integration. 

rshifflette

I would also hope this update applies to other Mac email clients. I'm not a fan of Outlook. 

persiapa
Participant

We've just started using HubSpot and teh whole team use Macs. We use Outlook for Mac but our emails aren't hosted by Office 365 which means we now can't track all emails sent and received via Outlook against a contact record in HubSpot. This is extremely frustrating as we were able to do this via our last CRM and wouldn't have signed up to HubSpot if we had known this wasn't possible. Extremely frustrating. 

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

We offer a solution this problem via our integration which you can find on the HubSpot App Marketplace. We are Mac users ourselves and can support Apple Mail and Outlook for Mac so understand this problem well 🙂 

persiapa
Participant

This is a MAJOR inconvenience for us too. We have G-Suite emails, are Mac users and use the Outlook email platform. It's really frustrating that we can't track emails properly, especially having just moved over from Pipedrive where we had no issues with email tracking. 

Really hope this is implemented soon as we've had to revert back to copying in logged emails to contact records. 

Same as others, we can't use Gmail in Chrome, it's not sufficient for every day use. 

douglasbrown

Familiar with HubSpot, at my last firm HS integrated with G-suite which was nice and seamless. I was hopeful that the email integration would connect with Outlook on my desktop. Unfortunately, it doesn't and I'm disappointed. 

pfbrock

Huge loss on productivity due to Hubspots inability to integrate more cross functionally with Mac. I hate GMAIL!!

Reimo
Participant

Upvote here too!  This is the reason why  my boss will not upgrade from the free version of Hubspot and let us use other areas that Hubspot . We will never have 365 hosting as we are linked to our huge parent company in Germany.

Phanto2

Wow .....why is this not an option....r u waiting for Mac users to dissapear?

AndersQ
Participant

I totally agree with @freddy2307. We use gmail and Macs, but I don't like the gmail web client and I do also not want to use browser based emailing "Outlook/Office 365" etc. So please: fully fletched integration with the Outlook desktop version on Macs while having mail hosted by google/gmail.

MatthewMorrow
Participant

It's absolutely ridiculous that HubSpot does not work on Outlook for Mac or Mac Mail.  Ridiculous.  They have been saying they are looking at it for 5+ years.  We moved from SalesforceIQ (no longer exists) and they had this feature working perfectly.  I guess HubSpot don't really care about their CRM product much,  it's all about their overpriced marketing products.