HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users

We have a number of MAC users. It would be nice to have HubSpot integrate with Outlook for MAC users. Is this a feature that will be available soon?

HubSpot Updates
January 17, 2018 08:01 AM

Hey Pete,

Thanks for responding! I do agree that article could be better, so we're going to update that to include more specific information for Outlook for Mac.

To get the latest version of our Outlook add-in on a Mac, you'll want to click on the red Store button in your Outlook ribbon, search for HubSpot, and then toggle that add-in on.  If you're unable to see the Store, you may want to update your Outlook and check to see if you have an O365 subscription and compatible inbox. For more help on this, please check out this article.    

Re: HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users - changed to: Delivered
January 17, 2018 07:30 AM

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience on this one! I'm happy to announce that HubSpot now supports Outlook for Mac.  You can try out our new add-in by checking out this article on our knowledge base: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales#install-the-hubspot-sales-office-365-add-in

Let me know if anyone has any questions on this! 

In Beta
November 09, 2017 11:31 AM

Hey everyone, 

Happy to say this this feature is now in beta.  To get access to our new Outlook add-in, please submit this form: https://ux.hubspot.com/outlook-add-in-beta

Questions? Let me know!

Krishtha

In Planning
April 05, 2017 03:50 PM

266 Replies
jimmybynum

It is essential that this plug in get attention of the folks at HUBSPOT - not responding is horrible and disapointing.  I had no idea when I signed up and if I did - I think I would have reconsidered my decision. I am now considering buying a PC just for this and that bugs me to have two laptops for everyone.

MPM_Tech

I agree it is disappointing they have failed to respond to the issue. Maybe they have some relationship with Outlook for Windows that is not public. Regardless do not buy a second laptop. You can simply use a application like Parallels Desktop to get the job done. 

jimmybynum

Thanks for that input.  I am not familiar with parallels so I will look into that.  I guess that it would be nice if HUBSPOT sent us in this group an instruction page for a work around until it is developed fully.  Whatever - they need to communicate.

DanielAtEdumate
Participant

Absolutely @jimmybynum!

DanWB

Our success manager said this was in beta. Can someone from @HubSpot confirm?

markusarvidsson
Contributor

We need this feature as more and more of our staff stars using Mac. Could you please give an update on how it is proceeding .

Ekoroof

Looking for an reply from Hubspot on this.. Do they monitor these boards?

Ekoroof

I meant "looking for an update"  - I see you can't edit or delete posts here, unfortunately.

krishtha
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone, 

Happy to say this this feature is now in beta.  To get access to our new Outlook add-in, please submit this form: https://ux.hubspot.com/outlook-add-in-beta

Questions? Let me know!

Krishtha

michaeltyrrell

Hi Krishtha

is it now fixed, we had not managed to log in yet?.

It was taking us to a White Blank internet page when we tried. 

dotser

I added it and it tracks the email ok but unfortunately it's not logging the email in the CRM for me. I can see the person opened the email but I can't see the email that was sent in the timeline.

Both 'track open emails' and 'log this email to Hubspot' were ticked when I sent them. 

DanAtEdumate
Participant

I dont understand, the link you provided asks for some details then takes me through to a step-by-step guide for PC?

I use a MAC?!

JJB88

Hi guys,

Just to reiterate @DanAtEdumate point, I'm looking for an add-on for Outlook on a Mac. I have followed the instruction and have managed to successfully install the add-on for Office 365 online (web), however, the add on has not been installed on the Outlook app.

HubSpot instructions state that:

Using the Add-in

Once added to your Office365 account, you can use the add-in in Outlook or Outlook for Web in any browser.

Can you please clarify the following:

1. Is this add-on for both Outlook App and Outlook Online

2. If the installation is successful on Outlook Online, should it also be successfull on Outlook App

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks.

MPM_Tech

I have a Mac and started this string. It appears some users are not following the instructions. The add-in is part of the Microsoft App Store. To the last poster's point.

1. Please install the add-in locally Outlook. I believe HubSpot stated this in their instructions. (likely in your MS profile but you still need to install it) 
  2. Have you closed Outlook and relauched
  3. Is your local Outlook session using the same Office 365 credentials you have online 
  4. What version of Mac OS are you using? I have High Sierra
  5. I installed in Outlook locally and it shows in in Outlook Online. I had to authenticate HubSpot a second time online.
  6. Have you connected your Office 365 email in HubSpot

I did encounter a blank page when I first attempted to authenticate but after logging into HubSpot from a non-Safari browser. I was able to authenticate inside Outlook successfully. 

HubSpot Mac - Outlook 2016.jpgOutlook online.jpg

TKupetis

This should not be hard to accomplish for true "high tech" company.  This is costing you revenue and a limiter to your growth.  I suggest you get this done.

JJB88

Hello @MPM_Tech,

Thank you for you instructions - it turns out that my team and I didn't have the most up-to-date version of Outlook. We downloaded the the latest version (2016) and now we have the HubSpot Sales tool function on both Office 365 online and the Outlook app, on a Mac.

So it worked...!!

Thanks again, appreciate your help.

Gnardiello

Please have Outlook for Mac supported!

bsm007
Top Contributor

Just to confirm, will connecting the Hubspot Inbox via IMAP work with Outlook for Mac?

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-notifications/how-can-i-connect-my-inbox-wi... -- I think this article really only refers to PCs, but I am not sure.

I need help... 

I have an Office 365 account, but the email address for that account ends in this domain: @xxxxResearchInc.onmicrosoft.com whereas the account I want to use has this domain @xxxxresearch.com which is hosted on our Exchange server. We have Business Premium Office 365. I can get the Hubspot add-in working for Outlook for Mac with this account @xxxxResearchInc.onmicrosoft.com, but not the one I desire on Exchange.

I did connect my Exchange account to the Hubspot inbox using the IMAP. Interestingly, I can see the Hubsport Sales add-in with OWA, but still cannot see it in the Outlook for Mac. What am I doing wrong?

krishtha
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience on this one! I'm happy to announce that HubSpot now supports Outlook for Mac.  You can try out our new add-in by checking out this article on our knowledge base: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales#install-the...

Let me know if anyone has any questions on this! 

petematheson

Krishtha,

The link you sent only details how to install within Office 365.

There is zero information on how to actually Install onto a Mac. 

I'm on the beta and I was sent a link to a package I needed to install, which has added a toolbar to my Outlook for Mac client. 

Assuming there is now a non-beta version I need to download from somewhere?