HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users

We have a number of MAC users. It would be nice to have HubSpot integrate with Outlook for MAC users. Is this a feature that will be available soon?

266 Replies
SocialChangeAS
Understood - Hubspot Supportm confirmed this as being by design and thus recommended I raise this change as an idea. Obscuring sections of an applications UI can't be best practice, plus having lesser functionality in one email client versus another isn't a great look either, so I'm hoping Hubspot can tweak their add-in a little.
MDillon

Really sad to see so many other organizations that have also been struggling with this issue for months. I was so hopeful I'd find a solution here. I'm now worried that our best solution will be switching to another CRM 😞

amanda-robo
Participant

My organization will also need this feature as some users are using outlook on Mac for their day to day processes. It is very inconvenient for them to manually BCC/Forward emails and it interrupts their workflow when they have to switch all of their processes to our gsuite email inbox just for HubSpot. Please add in this functionality.

FOrlando

Please develop this integration. Without this, the platform is practically useless from a sales pov.

Seventic

A quand une extension Outlook sur Mac sera t'elle disponible.
C'est un sujer récurrent depuis des années mais cela ne semble pas avancer.

JIrwin33
HubSpot Employee

FYI on helpful workarounds:

- Manually log emails in your CRM with the help of HubSpot FWD or BCC address, as described in this article

- Use a 3rd party integration like Threads to automatically log emails.

If you would, however, like to use the email tracking feature as well, you would need to send emails directly from your CRM.  Thank you!

OAlotaibi

This idea was posted almost 6 years ago!!! and till now Hubspot couldn’t do that!! That is really bad. It’s much harder using Hubspot for mac. I think it’s time to replace Hubspot. Thank you for caring 

SNHernandez

The Outlook plugin for Mac doesn´t work correctly or as expected while in Windows the experience is smoother.
So far I have heard similar feedback from colleagues using Mac (same as multiple comments seen in different entries from the community(i.e: here)

• The sidebar needs to be open in order to log or track an email.
  • Even after being pinned, the sidebar doesn't open by default.
  • Reduced overall Performance (CPU consumption mostly)
  • Increases the default font size from Outlook in some cases

It would be great to know if there are any ongoing efforts for improvement.

IngmarM

Please invent it. Your competitors are way beyond that and have good integrations for Mac Users. 

PMHall

Come on Hubspot! How hard can this be? Systems are supposed to help us with our workflows, not be the source of constant daily irritation! You're not just in business to offer a product where only you decide what matters ... you're in business to solve your customers problems. THIS IS LONG OVERDUE.

ELucas

Same issue here. Would be good to know if there is a way to solve it. Thanks.

bmlf

I've just spent time on a chat with support only to be run around in circles about the issue. Then just found this thread. Thanks. Shocking that this is still an issue after so many years. Hope a solution is worked out soon.

AKyle

@hubspot Any news on this. My mac is forcing me to update to the new outlook when it restarts. We have emailed asking for answers. we are starting to look elswhere 

ELucas

I've been told they are not even having this development in their current pipeline, and to come to this Community. We are in need of this. Our sales team only uses Mac and this is a real pain!

sfriend

Please, HubSpot, please! It's nearly three years since MS released the New Outook preview. At least give us a beta add-in that supports the new preview and let us help you get it right! 😆

wisealic

I use Outlook for Mac for accessibility reasons. The mac syncs much better with my hearing aid than PCs do. So not supporting this integration means you are also not supporting accessibility. Please can you up prioritize this development work? Thank you!

Datsunzcr

Hubspot... it has been 5 years since this has been posted. Please migrate this... It should be that hard... a recompile. #hubspot #outlook #integration #macos and fix the app on my iphone. I can't access **bleep**. The app is almost worthless. 

AMcLean1

Hubspot Outlook desktop add-in ( Outlook desktop add-in ) not designed for Mac usage - why not?!

I'm using a Macbook Air M1 2020 running macOS Ventura 13.5.  My company has an email domain that is hosted with Gmail, but I'm using the Office 365 client (i.e. Outlook application) for my email account.  As part of this, I have an Office 365 work account which is associated with my company email address and which is part of an Office 365 company organisation. All my Mac Microsoft desktop applications, including Outlook, are attached to this account.

I note however the Hubspot Outlook desktop add-in ( Outlook desktop add-in ) is only designed for PC usage and not for Mac. This add-in is a hugely needed solution for Mac users of Hubspot because the Chrome browser-based gmail interface is an extremely poor and tedious experience (slow, clunky, lots of click required to do things), as as well as unreliable (not unusual with browser-based email apps) and counter intuitive in many ways (email threading order is back-to-front).

This would be an extremely helpful and useful feature to implement for Mac in the future.  Personally, it would improve my productivity and reduce frustration hugely. Given Mac users expect high standards of user experience and will consider Hubspot responsible for this poor experience , I ask that the product team give this real consideration. If possible, can you please advise why this has not been done already and/or challenges with implementing it. Thanks.

ADDITIONAL ADDED POINT (after exchange with other HS user - see responses below)

Having checked the features table again, it appears to me that the Outlook desktop add-in does not support connected inbox features eg email logging, so my request probably should be that the Office 365 add-in be improved to support any email host. I may be wrong as the line in the table in the screeengrab simply is "Connected Inbox required" which may mean something slightly diffent, but since I cant yet use either add-in I dont know. Maybe someone can clear this up for me?

edtan
HubSpot Employee

Second the idea as it's becoming more evidently clear that organizations might be using a different email host on a separate email client, while having other OS running!

ArnoVdW
Participant | Elite Partner

If you look under the office 365, it says "Outlook for Mac - version 15.33 or later".

I am running Outlook app on Mac and I have the Hubspot Sales tab available, using that plugin.

Did you try this plugin?

ArnoVdW_0-1693573265902.png