HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users

We have a number of MAC users. It would be nice to have HubSpot integrate with Outlook for MAC users. Is this a feature that will be available soon?

266 Replies
GWELTD
Participant

The HubSpot Sales Outlook Add In was last updated in March 2020 and no longer works with the latest version of Outlook. In order to maintain the add in we have had to revert back to the legacy version of Outlook for MAC, are there plans to update the add in to work with the latest version of Outlook on MAC?

BDrellishak

Still having this issue a year later. When will this be fixed?

DHobson

One thought as an FYI....yes I mostly use an iMac with my company running Hubspot with everyone else using Dell's / Windows etc so no issue. I am regularly chased regarding emails sent to client accounts etc but the only work around I have is to log the emails by directing (most) everything I send to a BCC (8 digits followed by @bcc.eu1.hubspot.com) and then these emails will get logged. I understand the missing bit is they don't get tracked so if forwarded / shared etc there will not be visibility. However, at least the ability to log does show about on our Deal dashboard so better than nothing.....!

SimonS1

@ DHobson the issue was never tracking emails sent from Mac Outlook - that works fine and the BCC workaround is not required.

It's tracking the opens of sent emails that still does not work and Hubspot seemingly have zero desire to fix. The only way around this issue at the moment is not to use Mac for Outlook (so either a Windows machine or the Hubspot web interface)

SimonS1

@ DHobson the issue was never tracking emails sent from Mac Outlook - that works fine and the BCC workaround is not required.

It's tracking the opens of sent emails that still does not work and Hubspot seemingly have no desire to fix. The only way around this issue at the moment is not to use Mac for Outlook and instead use either a Windows machine or the Hubspot web interface.

RBlonk
Participant

Also, when the Sales add-in is running, the CPU usage of Outlook (for Mac) is huge. For some of my colleagues it makes writing an email even a struggle. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

DHobson

Interesting that tracking of emails from Office 365 Outlook works fine as that is not the case with my set up. Maybe you are referring to running a local copy of Outlook vs 365? Every new 365 Outlook email does not include the BCC address so I have to paste in and then it forwards to Hubspot as a logged email. Appreciate tracking not supported which is a problem but automated logging would be a step forward...

TSchaafsma

As a company, we fully switched to mac and because of that, this feature would be really necessary! 

BSchäfer

15% of the world are Mac Users - Don´t let us hang and develop the extension 🙂

Stevekoch21

@RBlonk  I have noticed my MacBook pro running slower in the last few months - which was surprising because it is only about 6 months old and I thought got more than enough memory/power. So I wonder if I am having the same issue - using the Outlook for Mac old version is cumbersome and I have to restart my computer a few times a day. 

At any rate, our sales team is doing a few demos with HubSpot alternatives over the next few weeks, so we will likely be moving on sooner rather than later. I am just glad we spent some time with the free version and spotted this issue early. It's too bad, as I have had a lot of success with Hubspot in the past, but this just won't work.

MGruber720
Contributor
This is the experience everyone has using the Outlook client for Mac with the Hubspot plugin. Unfortunately with time line or date for a time line to provide a fix.

Making a CRM switch is as costly for a small org bc of lack of resources as it is for a bigger org where there is a significant process to make a change.

Who are the comparable CRM vendors you’re getting demos from?
CPinheiro

I just discovered now that the HubSpot add-in for Outlook is not compatible also with Outlook 365 for Mac.

Maybe HubSpot should start considering this taking into consideration the number of Mac users worldwide that would like to use HubSpot and Outlook together.

CPinheiro

I just discovered now that the HubSpot add-in for Outlook is not compatible also with Outlook 365 for Mac.

Maybe HubSpot should start considering this, taking into consideration the number of Mac users worldwide that would like to use HubSpot and Outlook together.

SRuston

Here's a nice post from the Hubspot CEO might be worth commenting about this problem if no one want to prioritise it!

ASpears1

@SRuston Don't see a post or link. Can you please reshare?

SRuston
ASpears1

@SRuston Thank you! 

FBarron

Yes. Just moved from Windows to Mac in my organization, and the add-in for Outlook Desktop version on Mac (even though I am an Office 365 user!) doesn't exist. I have to go through the web, and the web does not have the same functionality as the Desktop. Please create this add in.

SocialChangeAS

In deploying Hubspot throughout our Microsoft 365 tenant which we access via the Outlook web portal and the Outlook for Mac app, it appears that email tracking in Hubspot can only happen when the Hubspot Sales add-in is visible, which requires a user intervention upon the first launch of either Outlook instance. There are also instances where the Hubspot add-in obscures part of the Outlook UI and so a user maybe forced to close the Hubspot Sales add-in to use Outlook.

Having seen the email tracking option appear as an inline option in new Gmail messages, would it be possible to see similar execution on the Microsoft platform? It would help to avoid the possibility of users sending emails, potentially forgetting to open Hubspot before sending, leading to not having messages tracked.

christopher-RVO
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@SocialChangeAS  The UI of the Hubspot plug-in for Outlook is currently not configurable.