HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users

We have a number of MAC users. It would be nice to have HubSpot integrate with Outlook for MAC users. Is this a feature that will be available soon?

266 Commentaires
krishtha
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hey Pete,

Thanks for responding! I do agree that article could be better, so we're going to update that to include more specific information for Outlook for Mac.

To get the latest version of our Outlook add-in on a Mac, you'll want to click on the red Store button in your Outlook ribbon, search for HubSpot, and then toggle that add-in on.  If you're unable to see the Store, you may want to update your Outlook and check to see if you have an O365 subscription and compatible inbox. For more help on this, please check out this article.    

ryanfcasey
Membre | Partenaire solutions

Dear Hubspot

The enormous benefit to using a plugin for Outlook (in this case, specifically for Mac) is support for email systems that are not Gsuite and O365. Although they are great tools in some cases, many companies (including ours) use on-premise collaboration tools.

Adding functionality that only supports O365 doesn't achieve much of new anything for Hubspot users since O365 was already supported in the browser based application.

Why can't you support IMAP? Wouldn't that be more useful anyway?

Ryan

YoungShatner
Participant

So saying current status is delivered is not accurate. You support it in the browser, but not as an outlook desktop extension. I would love to use my Outlook for Mac but can't because it doesn't have the tracking, etc, in it for hubspot. Says right here that's it's PC only: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

AJernigan
Participant

@YoungShatner There is an outlook add-in/extension for desktop on macs now, but it requires the Office365 version of Outlook to work.  We upgraded our team to Outlook365 and are running that ad-in now. If you're running that you can grab the add-in here. https://app.hubspot.com/sales-products-settings/2379068/email/extension Hope it helps!

YoungShatner
Participant

@AJernigan Thanks! I tried to follow that link though and got 

You can't access this portal.

You're not authorized to log in to this portal right now. Please contact support for more information.

Any ideas? My team and I are using Office365 Business so hoping we're all set! Their page still says it's PC only, so hoping that's just an oversight.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 3.27.17 PM.png
AJernigan
Participant

@YoungShatner Try visiting Settings / Integrations / Email Integrations in your portal. Then, after you've connected your inbox to O365 you should have a tab for extensions. One of the options there should be for HubSpot Sales Add-In for Office 365.  I think this link is more updated: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales#addin

YoungShatner
Participant

Hi @AJernigan I think we're mixing concepts. I've added the add-in to the browser based Outlook - which does me no good. What I was specifying was the desire for an extension for Outlook - the thick client you download and install as an app on your Mac. This is what I want for Mac:

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 4.01.44 PM.png

If that exists somewhere that Hubspot isn't showing me I'd love to download it, but I suspect that my initial findings were correct, and Hubspot only added support for the browser based outlook. I found another thread where someone from Hubspot says that Microsoft hasn't exposed necessary APIs to allow them to control what they need to support an extension, though the last update from that was over a year ago: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Outlook-Sales-Extension/Can-I-use-HubSpot-Sales-with-Outlook-for-Ma...

ryanfcasey
Membre | Partenaire solutions

It looks like somebody erroniously marked this as "Delivered." Although there does seem to be a plugin now, it is limited to users of Microsoft's Office 365 cloud email hosting. That is not helpful unless you are using that very specific configuration.

The PC version of the plugin works with any email provider. That is what we need!

Bethsyndigwydd
Participant

Company recently moved to Mac, nice machines, however disspointly Outlook for Mac refuses to work with HubSpot. Its a priority, so much so we are considering looking at other CRM solutions its such a huge problem for us. Please can you make the integration work, it would save many months work of set up being wasted and the whole migration of data is another concern. Can you let me know when you beleive you will have a working Outlook for mac API / integration please.

AdamGrohs
Participant

+1

leolauretti
Membre

I found a way to keep using "Sidekick", the previous name of hubspot, on my Mac Mail still, but something happened yesterday that I can make it to work again, but I had it working since yesterday and until I made some dumb stuff on my MAC...

It would be awesome if more people could join me trying to find the solution for this..  

I'm being able to log in, but it is weird.. I followed this tutorial, and adapted to High Sierra..
zakelfassi.com/2015/12/15/fix-sidekick-apple-mail-osx-el-capitain/

leolauretti
Membre

if you would care to join me, email me at leobrafl@gmail.com and we'll find a solution to keep working

What worked:

Email Tracking, Link Tracking, BCC to hub@.... (to log in contacts)

Bethsyndigwydd
Participant

Hi Everyone, its just started to work on Outlook for Max (Office 365) this morning, I have had no feedback from the community, its just started to work, which is great, but would have been nice for feedback HubSpot. Anyway, I'm a happy bunny now and can look at some investment i Hubspot in the future and roll it out to everyone else in the sales team. Thanks

YoungShatner
Participant

@Bethsyndigwydd Is this the actual plugin for the desktop version of Outlook for Mac? That's what I've been waiting for. The web version of outlook (office 365) isn't usable IMO. Right now I'm stuck using the gmail hubspot plugin since they don't have one for desktop Outlook.

If it is the desktop plugin, do you have a link to the download?

Bethsyndigwydd
Participant

Yes it’s the sidekick for HubSpot downloaded it from the office 365 store, connect to your HubSpot account an it now works. It hasn’t for a long while but the now seem to have fixed it https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

kilpjam
Membre

I have downloaded the office 365 addin but it doesnt seem to actually add to Outlook.

This is very frustrating, would make life much easier if this works

Jfiggs
Membre

This would be such a HUGE help! My team all works remote and most of us use Macs. This would make our workflow so much more efficent!

odeyneko
Membre

yes! it is strange that Hubspot does not have add on for Outlook for mac

larissatode
Membre

So, Do we have a plugin to integrate Outlook for Mac and HubSpot now? Anyone?

Bethsyndigwydd
Participant

Hi YoungShatner and larissatode,

Yes it’s the sidekick for HubSpot downloaded it from the office 365 store, connect to your HubSpot account an it now works with my Macbook Pro. It  seems to have fixed it https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

I have installed the individual add in not the centrally managed add in.

Hope this helps, anyway it all works for me now.