HubSpot Ideas

MFrankJohnson

HubSpot Meetings - More Minimum Notice Options

For those who work multiple time zones, it's helpful to allow meeting bookings 12-hours ahead of time. Forcing 1-full-day advanced notice to book a meeting unnecessarily reduces availability. AND the alternative (6-hours notice) is simply too short notice (to allow for preparation) when working across multiple time zones.

HubSpot Meeting Availability -- Minimum Notice TimesHubSpot Meeting Availability -- Minimum Notice Times

Example Scenario:

Visitors current time: 11pm London (UTC-0) === 6pm EST (UTC-5)

Our current time: 6pm EST

It's late in London, but a client or prospect in London wants to book our earliest meeting tomorrow -- i.e., 6am EST. Our current choices are to either...

A) Force 1-day notice and miss the opportunity for an early meeting tomorrow. 😞

B) Allow 6-hours notice and risk missing the meeting because we're not up at midnight to check our calendar. 😞

C) Wake up at 5am EST and scramble for our 6am meeting like a crazy person who doesn't have an automated meeting scheduler. 😞

Adding the 12-hour option will allow us the additional choice of ...

D) Knowing by 6pm EST the day before if we have a 6am meeting scheduled the following day! 🙂 

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
February 08, 2024 06:48 AM

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback! My name is Melissa and I am the Product Manager for the Meetings tool. We have added a 12 hour and a 2 day option to minimum notice time. It's available now! 

Thanks!

Melissa

35 Commentaires
D4niel
Participant

Use Case:
I don't want clients to be able to book me in for a Monday meeting over the weekend.

Example:
At present I have it set to 1 day notice period but clients can schedule in a Monday morning meeting on Saturday afternoon. I try to not check work emails over the weekend and so (if i'm successful in taking a break over the weekend) I will not see this until I arrive at work on Monday morning.

Solution:

This would be solved if the minimum notice had the option for business days.

astridel
Participant

I'd like to boost this, as my team has an identical issue. They don't want to risk missing a meeting by forcing 1 day advance notice, but 6 hours means that a meeting could get booked (and missed) while they're asleep. I'm not entirely clear why there isn't a wider variety of options in any event - 3 and 7 days seems a bit random, as well, and I'm amazed no one thought of business days. 

Kenzai
Membre

Same problem here.  I have my calendar open starting at 4am in case a customer and/or prospective customer from Asia wants to hop on a call, I'm on EST.  But, it would be ideal to shut down earlier in the night with some peace of mind and certainty about how my morning looks the following day.  If I leave it to a 6 hour notice time then I need to check my calendar at 10pm to see if a 4am has been booked.  Setting 12 hours of notice time would be ideal for me, but even 8 would be helpful.  

adamhorsman
Participant | Partenaire solutions

Same problem here as well!  This seems like a no-brainer and easy fix. 

Akamu77
Participant

Yes.  Please.  This drop-down list is both arbitrary and overly restrictive.  Our entire sales funnel is built on setting sales appointments, and our minimum notice time is 96 hours, for a very specific reason.  We aren't going to change our business model to match HubSpot's drop-downs.  I guess we'll have to give our money to Acuity. 

Is that why Acuity gets higher reviews? 
https://www.hubspot.com/products/sales/schedule-meeting/best/acuity-scheduling-alternative

I say this with love for HubSpot.  You can do better!! 

Akamu77
Participant

Yes.  Please.  This drop-down list is both arbitrary and overly restrictive.  Our entire sales funnel is built on setting sales appointments, and our minimum notice time is 96 hours, for a very specific reason.  We aren't going to change our business model to match HubSpot's drop-downs.  I guess we'll have to give our money to Acuity. 

Is that why Acuity gets higher reviews? 
https://www.hubspot.com/products/sales/schedule-meeting/best/acuity-scheduling-alternative

I say this with love for HubSpot.  You can do better!! 

DY
Membre

I totally agree! 

evilc79
Membre

It might make sense to merge this idea with a similar one which has more number of upvotes here - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubSpot-Meetings-More-Minimum-Notice-Options/idi-p/29...

bfrisch1
Membre

Thanks evilc79!

spiderman
Participant

As a lot of your users MUST surely do, I work across multiple timezones, predominantly all of Australia and North America.

Your options for the minimum amount of time before a meeting can be booked goes in reasonable increments up to 6 hours then jumps to 1 day. I work from 5 am. So if someone gives me 6 hours notice, it's going to come in whilst sleeping and means I have no notice or time to prepare.

1 day notice means people might not get to me until 2 days or more away. This is truly unacceptable.

Can you add in options for 8 hours, 12 hours?  Or add in some smarts for next day according to my time zone?

ZowieLee
Membre

Totally agree, please add options (e.g. 2 days) in minimum notict time.

SSzk
Membre

This would help us out so much! I find that 1 day in advance for clients to book a call does not give enough time to prep, while 3 days is pushing it to be too long. A 2 days buffer would allow us to fit clients into the busy week, while not making them wait an unnecessary amount of time. Furthermore, it would also help with not having to specially arrange a meeting time with a client and would make it much easier on the whole team. It makes it very retsictive for both the client and the team as it stands now.

Thanks Hubspot!

evilc79
Membre

+1 for this, especially adding the option of 'business days'

Eggert
Participant

We would need a longer Minimum notice time. We would need 9 Days. Its because of the meeting is buyed by the ceo and the follow up prozess for paying till the meeting starts needs 9 Days. So 7 Days is to short.

JenniferErena
Contributeur

Is there a way to be able to customize the number of days?  I would like to see the ability to delay it more than 1 week for the minimum amount of time before a meeting can be booked.
example - in other meeting tools the delay option is much more flexible.  I had a workflow that delayed the booking for 1 month in planning recurring client meetings.  When the meeting was booked using a workflow notice to the client, we had 1 month to prepare for that meeting and other tasks were created.  

This was great so we didn't waste time preparing for the meeting, time trying to get the meeting and everything being out of date once the client was pinned down to a time.

BEdwards
Membre

I would like to see more hourly breakdown options such as 24, 36, 48 hours. I know that 1 day and 24 hours seems redundant, but the breakdowns are different when you think of someones calendar being broken down hourly. 

JBarrett20
Membre

It would also be helpful to have a longer time from than just 7 days (i.e. 10 days, 14 days, etc)!

ClickStar
Membre | Partenaire solutions Gold

Hi,

Yes I have a number of clients all complaining about the same issue described perfectl;y by @D4niel above.

We set a one day notification delay but we can not cancel out weekends so my clients always miss Monday morning meetings due to this.

Definately an important update in my opinion.

CRosenthal
Membre

We would like a 12 hour option so a meeting can't be booked today but leaves ability for client to book for tomorrow.

sarahcoop
Membre

We would also like a 24 hour option, in addition to the other times mentioned. We sometimes have clients booking us at night for the next day and it would be helpful to have more time to prep before the call.