HubSpot Ideas

MFrankJohnson

HubSpot Meetings - More Minimum Notice Options

For those who work multiple time zones, it's helpful to allow meeting bookings 12-hours ahead of time. Forcing 1-full-day advanced notice to book a meeting unnecessarily reduces availability. AND the alternative (6-hours notice) is simply too short notice (to allow for preparation) when working across multiple time zones.

HubSpot Meeting Availability -- Minimum Notice TimesHubSpot Meeting Availability -- Minimum Notice Times

Example Scenario:

Visitors current time: 11pm London (UTC-0) === 6pm EST (UTC-5)

Our current time: 6pm EST

It's late in London, but a client or prospect in London wants to book our earliest meeting tomorrow -- i.e., 6am EST. Our current choices are to either...

A) Force 1-day notice and miss the opportunity for an early meeting tomorrow. 😞

B) Allow 6-hours notice and risk missing the meeting because we're not up at midnight to check our calendar. 😞

C) Wake up at 5am EST and scramble for our 6am meeting like a crazy person who doesn't have an automated meeting scheduler. 😞

Adding the 12-hour option will allow us the additional choice of ...

D) Knowing by 6pm EST the day before if we have a 6am meeting scheduled the following day! 🙂 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
February 08, 2024 06:48 AM

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback! My name is Melissa and I am the Product Manager for the Meetings tool. We have added a 12 hour and a 2 day option to minimum notice time. It's available now! 

Thanks!

Melissa

35 Replies
JenniferErena
Contributor
Alysha_TW
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Oi vey. Major friction. Please fix.  Most SLAs are 48 hour response time so ...seems obvious to limit this...

RBragg
HubSpot Employee

This would be beneficial for users meeting SLAs

D4niel
Participant

Nearly 3 years on and it doesn't look like HubSpot are going to action this one any time soon, which is a bit of a shame given how basic it appears to be.

I have a work around for my specific use case that might help others.
My use case was the ability to set a minimum notice period in business days.
I need at least 1 business day to prepare for kick off calls. HubSpot's default options don't allow for this as it's all based on calendar days which means someone can book your time after hours on a Friday, for a call Monday morning, leaving you unprepared.

I've been running a very basic work around for my use case. It has worked well for a while now and so I thought I'd share it here incase it helps someone else.

Workaround:
I created a rule in IFTTT (https://ifttt.com/) that runs every Friday at 4PM and blocks out my calendar on Monday with an event from 12:00AM - 11:59PM

@ClickStar FYI as you mentioned you have the same usecase as me.

D4niel_0-1656292086546.png

Trigger Event:

D4niel_0-1656290363530.png

Action:

D4niel_1-1656290504053.png

Pretty basic workaround, but it gets the job done!
Hope this helps someone else too.

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

I totally agree! 

JenniferErena
Contributor

@sharonlicari - is there a minimum number of upvotes needed to get an idea reviewed?  I wonder if there is a way to combine this with other similar ideas to get it noticed. 

JMacLeod

Agreed! More options would be helpful, especially 2 days' minimum notice.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

The relevance of this idea has increased as remote work (across more time zones) has also increased, and as HubSpot increases a presence in the ecommerce space (to include B2C)!

LucasCioffi

Hi HubSpot Team, our team is facing the same problem that the original poster described for the exact same reasons.

This will affect more people as time goes by as more teams work internationally.

Please do add a 12-hour option to the dropdown.

Thank you!

jamabryan
Participant

We really need a 2-day option!

Sarah_MMS

I totally agree, this is such a pain sometimes. 

PLEASE update the meeting form to more options regarding notice time. It would be such an easy fix. There has to be an option with 12 hours, as well as 48h (2days) or even something more individualized for everyone to choose their own exact time frame. 

MankaB
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of a customer- they would really appreciate having more flexibility in terms of having more options to adjust "miminum notice time" and "buffer time" on their meeting link settings. 

For context: They have clients all across the globe that book meetings with them. Currently, there is no option between 6 hours of "minimum notice time" and 1 day of notice time. 

If its 5pm their time, they would like for people to be able to book time with them for 8am the next day. But it is not feasible for them to have someone book time with them for 8am after they have gone to bed. But if they set it to 1 day, people can not book time with them for 8 am next day after 8 am today. Thus having more flexibility here would be useful for them! 

MParham
HubSpot Product Team

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback! My name is Melissa and I am the Product Manager for the Meetings tool. We have added a 12 hour and a 2 day option to minimum notice time. It's available now! 

Thanks!

Melissa

LucasCioffi
Fantastic!!!
LeonardoDVinci
Contributor

Please add business day options or even weekday/weekend options.