HubSpot Ideas

Colleen

HubSpot Extension for Explorer & Microsoft Edge

I would love it if one day there was the ability to use the HubSpot Browser Extension on Microsoft Edge & Explorer. This would be helpful for businesses that use Microsoft rather than G-Suite and allow for notifications such as revisit notifications via the extension. 

I currently have someone who is wanting to receive those notifications on their desktop but doesn't use Google Chrome. This has caused a little bit of frustration since they love the capabilities of the extension & the notification capabilities!

10 Replies
rickuz
Participant

I would also like this.  Chrome has stopped working on my PC, and I am unable to fix it. I've been using Microsoft Edge, and would like to use the Gmail extension, but it is not compatible with the Edge browser. 

Enriqueman

I'd like this extension for Edge as well. I experienced some issues with Chrome some time ago and then switched to Edge. I'm now using Chrome just for emails since I rely a lot on the HS extension.

EMcMahon

Yep, we need this too...

robertcbrio

I agree this is a must-have.

Surprised you haven't already done it, also surprised there is no reponse from HS on this thread after 7.5 months.

confideli

Good news! I just got a notification on Edge that you can now launch Google Chrome extensions from the Google Store and they will work in Edge! I did a search for Hubspot Chrome extension, and if you click "add to Chrome" while in Edge, it will add the extension to Edge and it works! Just did it a moment ago 🙂 

Here's the instructions from Microsoft Support as well as a link to the article!

Add an extension to Microsoft Edge from the Chrome Web Store

1. Open Microsoft Edge and go to the Chrome Web Store.

2. Select Allow extensions from other stores in the banner at the top of the page.

3. Select Allow to confirm.

4. Select the extension you want to add and select Add to Chrome.

5. At the prompt showing permissions required by the extension, carefully review the permissions, and select the Add extension button.

6. You'll see a final prompt confirming the extension has been added.

Article:  Add, turn off, or remove extensions in Microsoft Edge

TBosede

Thank you @confideli!! That work around to use Chrome extensions from Edge was a life save :D.

heatherm
Participant

Thank you so much for sharing this tip @confideli. It works perfectly!

Interstellar
Participant

You're the best @confideli It's working very well on Edge! Thanks a bunch!

DH-Exigent

Yes.  We have standardized on Edge and this is an issue for me as well.  

JEstradaSalaz
Participant

@confideli It worked! 

Thanks so much.