HubSpot Ideas

bradPlaydon

HubSpot CMS CLI Executable file with config for Local Development

I am creating this post down to the fact my business will not allow for the installation of Nodejs on my work machine which means the current way of accessing the HubSpot CMS CLI for local development is impossible for me meaning I can't version control code and have to edit everything in browser which isn't prefferable. 

I work with Shopify daily and managed to use there CLI for local development but I believe they integrate local development a little different to the way the HubSpot one works theres is called "ThemeKit" and basically is an executable download file which allows for commands to be written in a command prompt to watch for file changes and then pushes them if you activate a flag or command. For it to know where to push the changes a config file is required which asks for a API password the Store URL and also has optinal parameters and args. 

It's a long shot but could this but something HubSpot could introduce a Exe which runs commands based upon a config for a specific account?