HubSpot Ideas

Rahel

HubDB rearrange order

Hi

We gathered our team members in a HubDB and have them displayed on our website. We would like to rearrange the order, e.g. make it alphabetical or change it from time to time. 

Is there a possibility? 

Thanks, Rahel

HubSpot Updates
August 25, 2023 12:41 PM

Hi @olokke, thanks for reaching out. I will need you to answer the same questions I asked above to help troubleshoot. 

When you say the listing reverts, are you referring to the actual listing of content on your website? Or the order as set within the table.

If the manual listing is not taking effect on your website, make sure your HubL query for the rows does not include an orderBy or sort query. The manual sort you set in a table only applies if the data is not otherwise sorted in another way in your code.

If the table itself is not retaining the manually set order, that sounds like it might be a bug. To confirm, you are manually dragging and dropping rows, not using the related column sorting functionality (click on column headers) which does not impact display order. Column sorting is meant to be temporary to help you manage your data, manual row reordering is designed to persist.

If this does not help, please send me a DM with links and some more details and we can take a look. Thanks

July 10, 2023 10:57 AM

@Deepika9041 please see my instructions in this post for how to opt your account into this BETA: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubDB-rearrange-order/idc-p/684632/highlight/true#M121416

If you have any issues, please DM me your account ID and I can opt the account in. 

January 03, 2023 12:01 PM

Hi @DBoroi5,

When you say the listing reverts, are you referring to the actual listing of content on your website? Or the order as set within the table. 

If the manual listing is not taking effect on your website, make sure your HubL query for the rows does not include an orderBy or sort query. The manual sort you set in a table only applies if the data is not otherwise sorted in another way in your code. 

If the table itself is not retaining the manually set order, that sounds like it might be a bug. To confirm, you are manually dragging and dropping rows, not using the related column sorting BETA (click on column headers) which does not impact display order. Column sorting is meant to be temporary to help you manage your data, manual row reordering is designed to persist. 

If this does not help, please send me a DM with links and some more details and we can take a look. Thanks

September 22, 2022 09:24 AM

@HenryD just DMed you to help get you enrolled. 

@AntoineTremblay thanks for sharing that workaround. In case you did not see, this is now in public BETA. See my comment here for how to enable this for your account! https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubDB-rearrange-order/idi-p/5167#comments

In Beta
August 24, 2022 08:49 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience with this idea. I am happy to let you all know the ability to manually re-arrange rows in a HubDB table is now in BETA. 

When opted into this BETA, when hovering over a row in HubDB table, a user can click the drag handle in the order column of the table, and move rows up and down within the table. For content that is rendering HubDB data without a developer-defined sort, the manually set order is the order that data will be returned in. 

34c40800-8dc7-4df6-9e0d-7c8caceb29a0.png

To opt into this BETA, admins can follow these instructions to opt your account into the "Drag and drop reordering of rows in HubDB tables" BETA:

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 11.47.54 AM.png

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! 

In Planning
March 16, 2022 09:37 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience and upvotes on this idea. This is something we are currently looking into the technical feasibility of! We will be in touch as we progress, and if there is a BETA available.

Thank you!

46 Replies
AminWejebe
Participant

+1 this idea

ashenton
Member | Platinum Partner

Yes this is much needed!

Gretchen
Participant | Platinum Partner

HubSpot CMS markets itself as great for developers and content managers. This is exactly the kind of feature needed to make data management easy for dev and content managers. +1 to this idea.

AHathorn
Member | Platinum Partner

Yes, yes, yes! This would be extremely helpful! 

shaban
Participant

Much needed.

SSmith868

I would LOVE to have the HubDB rows be able to be clicked and dragged so they may be re-ordered. 

I produce a podcast for our company and we use a HubDB table to add all the podcast info, links, images, etc. We've encountered a situation where 2 rows were created for 2 new episodes, with all their information updated and included before publishing. THEN we pivoted and decided to air a different episode prior to the 2 new ones. Now episode 58 is the bottom row, and 59 & 60 are just above. And our webpage that holds each episode will only show the bottom row as "most recent episode". If I could reorder the episodes it would be a simple quick fix. But now I have to clone 59 & 60 so they're back in the correct order. Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 9.35.37 AM.png

klotznick
HubSpot Employee

I agree, adding this would be a huge user experience win for HubDB users!

sarahf
Participant

Would also like this functionality to help improve our event management process!

AEaster
Member | Elite Partner

I would also really love to see this feature!! Many of our clients at SmartBug use HubDB and would benefit from being able to order their content with drag and drop functionality

SiewSiew
Participant | Diamond Partner

hi @hubspot 

Sorting function is really important for managing data in table form.
Can we please have an ETA for this soon?

Thanks

AdeJager

Totally agree. I now need to copy every single thing to a new row if I want to reorder... very time-consuming...

ElinRisberg

This is a feature I really need. I want to be able to sort the order on the list myself.

AntoineTremblay
Member | Diamond Partner

This is a feature that should already be built-into HubDB

wspiro
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience and upvotes on this idea. This is something we are currently looking into the technical feasibility of! We will be in touch as we progress, and if there is a BETA available.

Thank you!

DKoster
Contributor

Couldn't agree more with the comments above! We have our product database in HubDB with nearly 90 columns with data and a range of data formats, from numbers to text, to dropdowns with multiple values. Currently, we need to export in xls, make the changes, reformat a number of columns and then re-import the entire table in csv if we want to re-arrange the order of appearance on our website. It would save us so much time and hassle if we had at least some reordering functionality for rows within the HubDB tables. Even better to have sorting, filtering and full search functionality as well!

SiewSiew
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi @wspiro 

Any updates for the HubDB sorting feature?

Thanks,
Siew Siew

wspiro
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience with this idea. I am happy to let you all know the ability to manually re-arrange rows in a HubDB table is now in BETA. 

When opted into this BETA, when hovering over a row in HubDB table, a user can click the drag handle in the order column of the table, and move rows up and down within the table. For content that is rendering HubDB data without a developer-defined sort, the manually set order is the order that data will be returned in. 

34c40800-8dc7-4df6-9e0d-7c8caceb29a0.png

To opt into this BETA, admins can follow these instructions to opt your account into the "Drag and drop reordering of rows in HubDB tables" BETA:

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 11.47.54 AM.png

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! 

Henrieke

@wspiro Hi! I can't seem to join this beta, has anything changed? Since I've just added new colleagues to our employee database, it would be awesome to put them in the right order 😅 

AntoineTremblay
Member | Diamond Partner

We found a way arround this current HubDB limitation by creating a column (numerical field) called order and assigned numbers in the desired order to each row. Then we added a data-order="{{ item.order }}" to the listing templates and we re-ordered them that using that attribute with jQuery. While it does take a bit of time to set up, once in place you can re-order/insert rows on the front-end.

wspiro
HubSpot Product Team

@HenryD just DMed you to help get you enrolled. 

@AntoineTremblay thanks for sharing that workaround. In case you did not see, this is now in public BETA. See my comment here for how to enable this for your account! https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubDB-rearrange-order/idi-p/5167#comments