HubSpot Ideas

Rahel

HubDB rearrange order

Hi

We gathered our team members in a HubDB and have them displayed on our website. We would like to rearrange the order, e.g. make it alphabetical or change it from time to time. 

Is there a possibility? 

Thanks, Rahel

Mises à jour HubSpot
August 25, 2023 12:41 PM

Hi @olokke, thanks for reaching out. I will need you to answer the same questions I asked above to help troubleshoot. 

When you say the listing reverts, are you referring to the actual listing of content on your website? Or the order as set within the table.

If the manual listing is not taking effect on your website, make sure your HubL query for the rows does not include an orderBy or sort query. The manual sort you set in a table only applies if the data is not otherwise sorted in another way in your code.

If the table itself is not retaining the manually set order, that sounds like it might be a bug. To confirm, you are manually dragging and dropping rows, not using the related column sorting functionality (click on column headers) which does not impact display order. Column sorting is meant to be temporary to help you manage your data, manual row reordering is designed to persist.

If this does not help, please send me a DM with links and some more details and we can take a look. Thanks

July 10, 2023 10:57 AM

@Deepika9041 please see my instructions in this post for how to opt your account into this BETA: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubDB-rearrange-order/idc-p/684632/highlight/true#M121416

If you have any issues, please DM me your account ID and I can opt the account in. 

January 03, 2023 12:01 PM

Hi @DBoroi5,

When you say the listing reverts, are you referring to the actual listing of content on your website? Or the order as set within the table. 

If the manual listing is not taking effect on your website, make sure your HubL query for the rows does not include an orderBy or sort query. The manual sort you set in a table only applies if the data is not otherwise sorted in another way in your code. 

If the table itself is not retaining the manually set order, that sounds like it might be a bug. To confirm, you are manually dragging and dropping rows, not using the related column sorting BETA (click on column headers) which does not impact display order. Column sorting is meant to be temporary to help you manage your data, manual row reordering is designed to persist. 

If this does not help, please send me a DM with links and some more details and we can take a look. Thanks

September 22, 2022 09:24 AM

@HenryD just DMed you to help get you enrolled. 

@AntoineTremblay thanks for sharing that workaround. In case you did not see, this is now in public BETA. See my comment here for how to enable this for your account! https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubDB-rearrange-order/idi-p/5167#comments

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
August 24, 2022 08:49 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience with this idea. I am happy to let you all know the ability to manually re-arrange rows in a HubDB table is now in BETA. 

When opted into this BETA, when hovering over a row in HubDB table, a user can click the drag handle in the order column of the table, and move rows up and down within the table. For content that is rendering HubDB data without a developer-defined sort, the manually set order is the order that data will be returned in. 

34c40800-8dc7-4df6-9e0d-7c8caceb29a0.png

To opt into this BETA, admins can follow these instructions to opt your account into the "Drag and drop reordering of rows in HubDB tables" BETA:

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 11.47.54 AM.png

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! 

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
March 16, 2022 09:37 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience and upvotes on this idea. This is something we are currently looking into the technical feasibility of! We will be in touch as we progress, and if there is a BETA available.

Thank you!

46 Commentaires
DBoroi5
Participant

When I use Rearrange Beta @wspiro the listing reverts back to original order on publish and refresh. 

wspiro
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi @DBoroi5,

If the manual listing is not taking effect on your website, make sure your HubL query for the rows does not include an orderBy or sort query. The manual sort you set in a table only applies if the data is not otherwise sorted in another way in your code. 

If the table itself is not retaining the manually set order, that sounds like it might be a bug. To confirm, you are manually dragging and dropping rows, not using the related column sorting BETA (click on column headers) which does not impact display order. Column sorting is meant to be temporary to help you manage your data, manual row reordering is designed to persist. 

Deepika9041
Membre

Hey

I am not able to drag the row as there is no drag arrow appears also not able to select the row, please tell me how to drag the row is there any other method for dragging or there is any other method for shuffling of rows?

Deepika9041_0-1688620595649.png

wspiro

@Deepika9041 please see my instructions in this post for how to opt your account into this BETA: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubDB-rearrange-order/idc-p/684632/highlight/true#M12...

If you have any issues, please DM me your account ID and I can opt the account in. 

olokke
Membre

Hi @wspiro ,

I have the same issue as @DBoroi5 above. After rearranging rows in HubDb, it reverts back to the original order after publish or refresh of the page. 

Any solution to this issue?

Thanks

wspiro

Hi @olokke, thanks for reaching out. I will need you to answer the same questions I asked above to help troubleshoot. 

If the manual listing is not taking effect on your website, make sure your HubL query for the rows does not include an orderBy or sort query. The manual sort you set in a table only applies if the data is not otherwise sorted in another way in your code.

If the table itself is not retaining the manually set order, that sounds like it might be a bug. To confirm, you are manually dragging and dropping rows, not using the related column sorting functionality (click on column headers) which does not impact display order. Column sorting is meant to be temporary to help you manage your data, manual row reordering is designed to persist.