HubSpot Ideas

shivammishra

HubDB data in reports and workflows

Features like serverless functions to consume APIs and quering HubDB in Hubl makes hubspot a CMS to build more interactive applications quickly than just marketing websites. But we see one limitation in our use case where we are storing certain information in HubDB and need that information for marketing automation but its not accessible in workflows or in custom reports. Do you all think it would be nicer to have HubDB data made available in workflows and custom reports to create more customized experience for users?

34 Replies
AirswiftRob
Contributor

Upvoting this. It would help a lot when managing dynamic pages. 

Possible use case

- Dynamically creating meta descriptions based on other fields

- Counting how many rows match a filter type (and removing filter options if count = 0)

- Formatting data to remove rogue styling added when pasted from Ms Word/Google Docs

Chorany1
Member | Partner

I am also upvoting this. We have several use cases that this would be extremely valuable for. 

reycepeda
Participant

Also vote in favor of this. Would like the ability to lookup from the database in a workflow. Should be part of Operations Hub. 

reycepeda
Participant

Actually this looks to be possible now with Operations Hub. 

Check out the "Enterprise Level Territory Management through HubDB" here:

https://www.hubspot.com/programmable-automation-use-cases

https://github.com/HubSpot/sample-workflow-custom-code/blob/main/samples/hubdb_table_lead_rotation.j...

A bit technical but it works!

DavidVoigt
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

@reycepeda that is brilliant, thank you!

ScottHemmeter
Participant

We had this same type of challenge and decided to build a HubSpot app for it. It's called VLOOKUP for Workflow and it just launched on the Marketplace today. It allows you to reference a Google Sheet or upload your own CSV data and use that source as a lookup table in HubSpot. You can then use the result downstream in your workflow. It's simple, scalable, and affordable. We have HubDB (and Airtable, Salesforce, more) as future sources and would love your feedback. For now, you can reference your own CSV data or Google Sheets, but it meets the needs expressed in this idea. 

VLOOKUP WF Home.png

The above is just one example. The premise is the same for whatever data you use. Start with an existing property value and use it to look up a row and return a value from that row for use downstream in your workflow. Here's another example.

2023-02-08_10-16-13.png

TH7
Contributor

Like @chris_p_lukes said, I want to use this to manage and group my territories!

I want to be able to reference this table in Workflows (as a dictionary) for all sorts of segmentaion use cases.

RLicau
Participant

Oh yes, that would be super useful!

RLicau
Participant

@ScottHemmeter - is this available in simple workflows, too? 

ScottHemmeter
Participant

@RLicau VLOOKUP should be available in any Workflow. It currently does not read HubDb data, but does read CSV data you upload or a Google Sheet. https://www.cambiumapps.com/vlookup/help has good information on how it works. 

skylightipv
Contributor

This would be great.  I want to upload a file to folder in Hubspot and have this trigger a workflow to populate rows in HubDB (essentially creating the index for our archive of files).

Assuaged
Participant

I just tried to create a nifty little workflow using a form for students to add themselves to our dream team page, I hope they implement the ability to do this with HubDBs, love our Hubspot family!! https://www.assuaged.com/dream-team

dmaxwell
Contributor | Partner

Yes, need to be able to use this for reporting, otherwise, we will likely need to use external dashboarding tool for our sales teams; unless there is a way to get a HubSpot dashboard to be able to leverage some data externally.  In our specific use case, HuBspot being used for tracking sales performance in retail stores, but need to incorporate real traffic in order to generate performance reports.  Was thinking of bringing this data into HubDB and using it as part of report generation.

Any other suggestions, welcome.

Thanks,
Dave

Eddithor
Participant

There are so many potential use cases for this. It would be amazing to have simple workflow functions that can update or query a HubDB table without the need for custom code. Just having an easy way to take a stored SKU, Part number, Location ID, Error Code, etc and look up relevant data to be added to a deal or ticket would be immensely useful.