HubSpot Ideas

hshafter

How to make Workflows easier to edit: Clone and move workflow actions

Hi,

I have a suggestion for making workflows easier to edit. Once a workflow is created, it would be great to be able to cut, copy, and "drag & drop" items.

For example, I might want to create the same task to be repeated with a waiting period between each. This would allow me to copy the entire action ("create task") and paste it below the next waiting period. Or I might have similar needs after an If/Then split, with only minor differences. I could copy the Yes path to the No path and then make minor edits. Or I might decide that I want to change the order of activities. Then I could drag the boxes to different parts of the workflow to change the order. Much easier than recreating each one in a different place.

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
August 30, 2021 11:27 AM

Hi @acorbett  We've recently begun thinking about how we can make it easier to re-use actions across workflows, but, we're still in the research and planning phase so no specifics to share at this time. It's something we're interested in learning more about though, so if you want to talk further about your needs and uses, please send me a direct message and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, Megan

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
October 09, 2020 08:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Clone or move a workflow action is now live to all 😃

We plan to soon start work on the addition of cloning or moving groups of actions next. Keep an eye out for that one!

Thanks!

Megan

September 30, 2020 04:37 AM

Hi @rwolupo 

Thanks for following up! Yes - we plan to soon start work on the addition of cloning and moving groups of actions all at once. Stay tuned!

Best,

Megan

Estado actualizado a: In Beta
September 29, 2020 04:39 AM

Hi @erica11, & all,

Yes, a beta has recently started. Please send me a direct message with your hub ID if you'd like early access!

Thank you,

Megan

Re: How to make Workflows easier to edit - changed to: In Planning
July 27, 2020 11:14 AM

Hi all,

To follow up with an update: we're currently working on the requested feature for the ability to clone and/or move workflow actions, in order to re-use them in different parts of a workflow. I will update again when a beta is available!

Best,

Megan

Re: How to make Workflows easier to edit - changed to: Being Reviewed
May 11, 2020 06:31 AM

Hi everyone,

My name is Megan and I'm a product manager for the workflows tool. Thank you for your feedback and votes on this idea!

We're currently investigating our options and ability to enable this requested feature of copying/cloning and moving workflow actions. I will follow up when we have more information.

Best,

Megan

26 Comentarios
rwolupo
Colaborador líder

Great feature so far. 

Is there the possibility or is it planned to clone and move subsequent actions in the future? 

MeganLegge
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi @rwolupo 

Thanks for following up! Yes - we plan to soon start work on the addition of cloning and moving groups of actions all at once. Stay tuned!

Best,

Megan

rwolupo
Colaborador líder

i'll love that. thx @MeganLegge 

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
MeganLegge

Hi everyone,

Clone or move a workflow action is now live to all 😃

We plan to soon start work on the addition of cloning or moving groups of actions next. Keep an eye out for that one!

Thanks!

Megan

acorbett
Miembro

@MeganLegge any thoughts on cloning a group of actions between different workflows? I'm adding a new (complex) step to one workflow, but also need to add it to 30 others, cloning to another workflow would be very helpful!

MeganLegge

Hi @acorbett  We've recently begun thinking about how we can make it easier to re-use actions across workflows, but, we're still in the research and planning phase so no specifics to share at this time. It's something we're interested in learning more about though, so if you want to talk further about your needs and uses, please send me a direct message and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, Megan