HubSpot Ideas

hshafter

How to make Workflows easier to edit: Clone and move workflow actions

Hi,

I have a suggestion for making workflows easier to edit. Once a workflow is created, it would be great to be able to cut, copy, and "drag & drop" items.

For example, I might want to create the same task to be repeated with a waiting period between each. This would allow me to copy the entire action ("create task") and paste it below the next waiting period. Or I might have similar needs after an If/Then split, with only minor differences. I could copy the Yes path to the No path and then make minor edits. Or I might decide that I want to change the order of activities. Then I could drag the boxes to different parts of the workflow to change the order. Much easier than recreating each one in a different place.

26 Comentários
cdavie1
Membro | Parceiro Diamante

The ability to drag and drop in the workflow editor would be HUGE. A guaranteed increase in performance for EVERYONE.

Please HS team, make that happen!

jknapp
Colaborador(a)

I am also in favor of this idea. I'm currently building our SDR lead assignemnt which is based on state boundaries but the steps following are just copy/paste drag and drop and I can see where cloning this workflow and changing the order of items might be needed in the future where drag and drop of branches or single tasks would be amazing.

austinpostler
Participante

We create workflows that have many if/then branches with the following yes/no paths being similar in nature.   A copy/paste function in the workflow will save us a lot of time and effort in building out these workflows.  Great idea and can't wait for it to happen!

Andrew3
Colaborador(a)

This would save me hours of needless manual effort!  Isn't that what a sales tool is supposed to do? 🙂

DMK1688
Participante

We just switched over from Active Campaign (and a bunch of other tools) to Hubspot and this feature is lacking yet needed! Come on Hubspot, you ain't  cheap, and this doesn't seem like an overly complicated function to build. 

andreaulloa
Membro

WE NEED THIS IN OUR AGENCY! 

DevinRZC_DM
Participante

This could save so much time that we could use to focus on the nitty-gritty! Workflows are a powerful tool and eliminating the workarounds and/or redundancy would be a game-changer. 

rachaelshaw7
Colaborador(a)

Hi Everyone,

An idea similar to this seems to be in planning.
While it doesnt ask for cloning per se, It does ask for branches to be reconnected to the main branch once an exception is dealt with - in most cases this would negate the need to clone branches over and over again - since this feature is in planning you could vote and request drag and drop + the branches connect to any section not just the main branch  

Vote here:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/IF-branches-reconnection/idi-p/11322

Rachael

snagpal
Membro
Afd-mark
Participante | Parceiro Elite

This would save me hours!! We really need this!

BastiSchuhl
Top colaborador(a)

Yes please, this would add immense flexibility and increase productivity greatly! 

dschroed
Participante

agreeing to all the aforementioned. 

Any Update or Chance that someone from HubSpot is having this on their radar? 

DevinRZC_DM
Participante

They did release this update quietly to help make workflows a bit easier:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/connect-workflow-branches-using-go-to-a...

hollybo
Participante

Marketing often involves trying something, modifying it, and trying again. It would be great to be able to drag items to differnet places in the workflow, as we go through iteraitons.

PaisleyParkELC
Membro

As someone who is used to using Ontraport (which has this feature) I can't quite believe this isn't a feature of Hubspot. I think because of the cost I had the idea that Hubspot would do things at least as well as its competitors. It's frustrating to learn this isn't the case in so many areas of the system.

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
MeganLegge
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi everyone,

My name is Megan and I'm a product manager for the workflows tool. Thank you for your feedback and votes on this idea!

We're currently investigating our options and ability to enable this requested feature of copying/cloning and moving workflow actions. I will follow up when we have more information.

Best,

Megan

Status atualizado para: In Planning
MeganLegge

Hi all,

To follow up with an update: we're currently working on the requested feature for the ability to clone and/or move workflow actions, in order to re-use them in different parts of a workflow. I will update again when a beta is available!

Best,

Megan

hollybo
Participante

@MeganLegge  how exciting!

erica11
Top colaborador(a)

Is there a beta for this now? I see it was mentioned at Inbound but I don't seem to have access to it.

Status atualizado para: In Beta
MeganLegge

Hi @erica11, & all,

Yes, a beta has recently started. Please send me a direct message with your hub ID if you'd like early access!

Thank you,

Megan