Home page should load in users language automatically

HubSpot allows creating of multiple languages for the homepage, but in order for a user to see the homepage in their own language (based on their browser localle) they need to manually change to their own language via the "language switcher" 

This does not provide a great user experience, my idea is that HubSpot load the relevant language homepage based on users locale.

We have implemented a client side JavaScript redirect work-around for this, but requires default page to load first, which is sub-optimal user experience.

HubSpot updates
16 Replies
Craig_Taylor
New Contributor

I support this too. This is definitely a key requirement for multi-language sites, especially as most other web platforms offer browser-enabled language translation based on the users location. 

hubspotmike
Occasional Contributor

+1, we thought this was already a capability of the HS platform when we signed on for some reason. Huge let down and I think we might have chosen to stay on WordPress had we thought otherwise.

LOIC_BURDET_IDE Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner
Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner

+1 !!!

christophk
Occasional Contributor

This would be great for us as well.

Jonas_Paymash
Occasional Contributor

We would like to have this feature as well. 

IlkkaTuominen
Regular Contributor

Giving this a follow as this is indeed a very much needed key feature to have.
This switch btw is confusing af..

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 9.56.00.png

I thought this was introduced already but apparently not.

SA2
New Contributor

I thought it worked too but it doesnt Smiley Sad Much needed for us European companies.

Gabvo
Regular Contributor

Much needed too!!

hkderek
New Contributor

+ 1

Any workaround? I only find the php code which hubspot doesn't support.

Gabvo
Regular Contributor

Hubspot's answer when proposing a workaround by including a javascript solution (navigator.languages ? navigator.languages[0] : (navigator.language || navigator.userLanguage)):

It's not currently possible (or at least, not reliable) to include client side Javascript that detects a user's preferred language, since that information is primarily passed in the Accept-Language header.

Not reliable but better than nothing --> any idea where and how to use this?

Denniscdejong
Occasional Contributor

We really need this feature too, as the proposed solution is not reliable and creates a bad user experience. Don't understand why HubSpot isn't supporting this out of the box.

tomirasanen
Occasional Contributor

Definitely a function that should be there. I'm surprised that this is not a default thing in Hubspot.

Etienne
New Contributor

We absolutely need this feature as well (very disappointed that it doesn't exist yet...)

juha-solteq
New Contributor

Yes, definetly needed. Hoping that Hubpot will implement this soon.

Ossi

+1 Here too. Much needed for export-oriented European companies.

LizBW
Occasional Contributor

Definitely need this a lot. We went to the trouble of creating local-language versions of our site for all locations where we maintain offices, including header and footer nav, and serving this versions automatically is an absolute must.