HubSpot Ideas

AngelaGuzman

Historical and aging reports

I have had issues on several occasions with creating reports that show historical activity on deals or aging. Examples:

1. Real-time deal stage aging and total age of deal - even if you try to create a custom property for this it only lets you calculate from a limited list of date properties which are not helpful - and you can't use a value like "today" to calculate the time between an existing date property and the current date.

2. Deal movement/time it takes in different stages/identifying here deals get stuck - 

This is something that seems pretty straightforward and comes out of the box with many other CRMs...wondering why not with Hubspot? If you can track every single change made to a property or deal, and the activity is right there, why can't that information be reported on? The "Time spent in Deal Stage" standard report is not helpful at all - because each stage is only tallied AFTER it moves on to the next stage, not in real time like mentioned above!

3. Last deal stage before closed - this was also impossible to build even with Support helping out, because of the historical reporting limitations.

If we were able to report on and measure time between a wider range of time-stamped events, like deal stage movement, and also report on WHERE deals are getting stuck in the pipeline, this would be a huge step forward for Hubspot reporting limitations.

13 Replies
kelseyhamon
Participant

This!!! I am so frustrated by this right now!

Hubspot...how do we get this in the roadmap. Age of deal and length of time in current stage are basic reporting metrics every sales organization needs. 

ASenseman

I agree with this so much!

• It's not possible now to ANTICIPATE the length of my sales cycle or to see the CURRENT status of my sales cycle.
  • I can only see in the rear view mirror the sales cycle length based on what's closed OR stages that are already complete.
  • I can't see how long a deal has been in a stage without manually calculating based on the "entered this stage - date"

This is a really common report in other CRM systems.

MKuelpman

I have run into the same issues identified in #1 and #2. Would love real time deal aging for total age and time it takes to move between stages.

WatchfulTy

How do we get deal age on the roadmap? Seems like a fairly standard need when managing pipeline!

BNewnum

This gets my vote for sure!!!

CSmyth
Participant

What ever came of this?  It doesn't get much more basic than this!!

BLloyd

Has there been an update regarding these issues?

EAube
Participant

This is an obvious and serious flaw in Hubspot reporting.

You can't created a report that simply shows the number of active, paused or cancelled deals on a given date? 

We're interviewing other CRMs as a result of this.

BMilaszkiewicz
Contributor

Hubspot is there ANY update on this? Age of deal and length of time in current stage are basic reporting metrics, if it is not on the roadmap then what is the workaround?

webidextrous
Participant

Yup, I searched and came here for the same thing. Our deals are monthly subscriptions to a service billed annually. I need a deal to alert the sales team a month out and then again a couple of weeks in advance of the subscription's expiration so we can reach out to the client and ensure renewal. That, and being able to review deal ages in analytics will help with revenue planning. PLEASE make this happen.

TSheepshanks

Hubspot, please update on this. 

When analysing the core leading indicators of the sales machine, deal velocity is a critical piece and is required to do any type of analysis.

Rajiunalome

has this been sorted? any has hacked this out of hubspot manually? how do you handle volumes?

hojjohan
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hey,

Still searching for a solution to calculate days in stage?

We've developed an app, PocketKnife for the HubSpot Marketplace that does the trick using Workflow actions.
Check out the details here: Pocketknife App: Days in Stage.

hojjohan_0-1709222302891.png

The app is now available in the HubSpot Marketplace. Click here to access it.

If you have any questions, feel free to book a demo with Diego.

Best Regards,

Johan Vantomme
leadstreet