HubSpot Ideas

BenjaminRazi

Hide locked modules in content editor

It makes no sense to me that locked modules are listed (shown) in the content editor. There should be an option to hide modules from the design manager, similar to how you can choose to make modules available or not in templates and pages.

See this image:

Locked modulesLocked modules

This is poor UX. And it's confusing for content editors to see things they can't edit anyway 🙂

5 Comentários
tylerjoseph
Participante | Parceiro Elite

I agree. When the "Prevent editing in content editors" toggle was first introduced into the template editor, the modules you marked it true for would not show up in the module list in the page editor. At some point in the last year they changed this.

I have a template with like 50+ modules, most of which you can only edit at the template level. When I designed this template, those modules were hidden in the page editor which made for a straight-forward editing experience. However, now that they do show up, my template is a lot clunkier to use.

arinker
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro

I agree! Please remove all global modules and modules withour any editable fields from the content editor view.

allblueskyfromh
Membro

I actually would rather have the modules visible but greyed out and have a notice on the editor that says "only editable on the template level." Additionally, I'd like a method of making all modules within a single template uneditable in the CMS.

Hubspot is probably the least user friendly CMS I've ever had to work within.

navethegreat
Participante

I just reached out to support for this and found out it was currently not possible. I would love this because as a coder I know how to hide these modules in the code, but my team isn't so tech friendly. I would love for my design/marketing team to be able to replicate the template and make minor adjustments like this. UPDOOT

thinkbliss
Membro

I vote for this feature as well. I have test modules that I want to revise for later use but I don't want them to show up in the editor because they're not ready for production. I don't want to delete them, just make them inaccessible for now. Can someone from HS please suggest this feature. Either make a module staging area or have an option to remove a module from the editor without deleting it from the Design Tools.