HubSpot Ideas

Michiel

Hide, delete and edit default HubSpot property fields

HubSpot offers a lot of default property fields, but not all of them are relevant and useful for all users when creating new contacts or editing/adding data on existing contacts.

There currently isn't a way to limit property access other than on an all-or-nothing scale. So the fields will have to all be visible. Also it's not possible to edit the names.

To make this more flexible and user friendly, I prefer HubSpot to add a possibility to hide, delete and edit the names of default HubSpot property fields for different user levels/groups. In this way we can better arrange showing only relevant fields to users, without confusing and bothering them with all kind of unnecessary fields. 

Please let me know your thoughts on this and support this idea when you also agree this is a 'need to have' addition.

Thanks

Michiel  

33 Replies
kimnguyen
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi,

One temporary trick would be to create a new custom field that matches your requirements, and then creating a workflow that would copy all existing entries to that new field?

Best Regards,

Kim Nguyen
www.elixir-solutions.be 

lcrumling
Contributor

Agree, I hate that I can't delete the irrelevent HubSpot-created properties (or at least hide them)!

Editing would be nice too - there are some that I could actually use if I could add/delete an option or two.

Jack

Totally agree!

pauloxm

Remove this feature, let us edit or delete it.

FeliceForsstrom

Agree! Would be great to at least edit the HubSpot properties. That way it would always be possible to repurpose the field if not relevant.

JDL

Totally agree, we need a Business Address, Residential, and delivery address. Having the default vauge "Street Address" property is counterproductive. 

nishansingh1
Member | Partner

Totally agree. At the very least, I should be able to hide the properties that I don't need. 

jewsbur0
Participant

This is so very annoying! We've just rolled out this to our commercial team and there are so many irrelevant fields. Quite disapointing! 

CRMGuru

We absolutely need to hide Hubspot fields. There are over 100 default fields and it is very difficult to find amongst hundreds of our own fields.

lilybond
Contributor

This would be extremely helpful! It's extremely confusing to have these fields, which we never use, in addition to our (often similar) fields.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Similar but we would like to be able to add a custom field and then choose if someone has access to it I.E read only view.

There is information we store that we may not wish for a normal user to be allowed to edit as it could be tied to a workflow!

quaetapo
Participant

Totally agree, along with being able to determine which users can see properties or properties groups to give added security to the data.

pd-viz

Plus one for this idea. Maybe these fields can be part of a profile, and there can be multiple profiles with different amount and kinds of fields, so a user can choose it upon startup.

pauloxm

I gave up on HubSpot CRM, I’m using ProsperWorks and it’s way better. 

HargerHoweAdv

Hi - for some reason I can't upvote this. Several of our current clients want this ability (hide, edit and sort properties) to tailor the CRM to their industry jargon. Please add!

richdando

I completely agree. Our sales teams find it incredibly frustrating to have so many fields on show (many of which aren't used nor relevant to their role). 

bobj

Everyone seems to agree - including me.  Some of the default fields are worthless and the clutter created makes analysis more difficult than it should be.   What is Hubspot's view?  Is this an RFE tied to a release or in backlog??

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thank you for your feedback on this issue! We're listening and I did want to reach out with an update here - we have enabled the ability to re-group default HubSpot properties. 

Now, you can greate a group titled, for example, "unused" and file your unused default HubSpot properties there. This should help provide you a cleaner properties experience. Thank you for your continued input! 

Dylan

bobj

Hi Dylan - thanks for moving this forward. I just tried moving a few unused properties and 90+% of them are locked by the system.  Is it possible to navigate around this?

kbarrera
Participant

Is there any workaround to this yet? I just started onboarding and after convincing my team that this will be more user friendly than any other system they've tried, I'm having trouble setting up even a simplified view for them to see/enter just the basic contact information records without sifting through 50 fields that aren't relevant to them. I can't seem to move the default properties into a new group as suggested.