HubSpot Ideas

samara1

Hide and block properties from some users

It would be perfect the option to hide some properties from some users. We need to do this kind of configuration in almost all customers we have. Just blocking the edit does not prevent users from seeing the information in the properties, which is what we need.

7 Replies
Tesore
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Perfect! 

MObry
Contributor

This is absolutely necessary.

I vote for it !

shajones
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea. My name is Shay, and I’m the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Properties. 

I'm happy to announce that this feature is In Beta!!!

This feature is exclusive to Sales Hub Enterprise, Marketing Hub Enterprise, Service Hub Enterprise, CMS Hub Enterprise & Operations Hub Enterprise.

To learn more, check out this KB Doc: Restrict View Access For Properties

If you are an Enterprise customer, you already have access to this Beta

We’ll be sure to update you here and on our Product Updates blog as soon as this feature is fully Delivered.

Shay

SSupport

Hello, I've hidden the Amount property on Deals and the user cannot see it on the record but it is visible in Conversations (when I click 'More information').

Gabry

I love this access but can we take this one step further - when access is restricted on a property (for No Access") can that property be hidden in filters for both reports and views? I have many backend properties to help run workflows but then when one of my users selects that property to filter a report, they are confused or will see the column but with the icon demonstrating they don't have view access. It is a clumsy and messy for them!

JKrantz
Contributor

@shajones is there any thought on having an option to have private for the record owner? - having commissions where the admin team and the deal owern cansee but dont want to share beyond that. 

MBonitatibus

It would be great if this feature could be extended to Products as well. Currently it only supports contacts, companies, deals, tickets and marketing. Thanks.