HubSpot Ideas

kurtdh

Hide account users from one another, privacy issue

My company hires independent contractors who live across the entire country and work remotely. We add these independent contractors as users to the account with view/edit permissions set only for their own accounts and nobody elses, so that they can track specific accounts that we input for them.

However, when one of our independent contractors navigates to the Companies tab and selects the "company owner" drop down box from the top of their screen, they are presented with a list of all the other independent contractors in the company along with their full first and last name AND e-mail address.

This is a huge concern and privacy issue for us. I spoke with HubSpot support, and they told me there's currently no way to hide these users from one another, which really surprised me. This to me would seem like a basic privacy/security measure, and not a feature request, but he said this was the only way to get this issue resolved was to post here. Any way we can get this added as a possible option in the users permission screen? This is a really big deal for companies like mine that hire independent contractors and don't have full time employees all working out of the same physical space.

2 Replies
finn
Top Contributor

+1

Absolute agree. I have tried to convince Hubspot for over a year (after I discovered it) now that this is an issue. 

But it gets "better": if you are e.g. using goals for those users, then they can also all see the other users' goal.

😞

PBass
Participant

Been a problem for year and why everytime I keep coming back to this platform I leave