Help Us With Duplicate Contacts. - Vote This Up

There are many posts on how to manage duplicates and getting a tool to help merge, manage or some other way to maintain our databases.  Our cost is based on number of contacts and while that is good for HS it is not the best option for customers.  I'm asking the Community to vote on this issue so we can move higher on the list of tasks for HS to work on.  

This is important and many people have asked for this, I hope you can get a solution for this problem quickly.

5 Replies
jnierman3
Occasional Contributor

One of the big issues we deal with is there is only one metric it checks for duplicate contacts and that is email! Other systems have multi-level checks before it goes and creates a new contact. We should be able to match by name, phone number, address, and if any of those are the same then it will do a merge and not create a whole new contact. I have so many duplicate contacts based on my contacts having multiple emails.

smarcher18
Regular Contributor

I'd suggest checking out Insycle -- it's a really great, easy-to-use tool that allows you to deduplicate by any property, standard or custom. I really like that it can be used for bulk operations and all of these actions applie to multiple objects -- Deals, Contacts, Companies, and even users. You can sign up for a 1-month free trial here:

https://www.insycle.com/invite/?utm_source=user_invite&utm_campaign=b9fcf

The pricing is reasonable and the support is great. I would recommend testing in a test environment before going full monty.

HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

My client needs to be able to deduplicate by a custom fields like the account number. Of course we have the new deduplication beta, but deduplicating by surname eg. doesn't make a lot of sense. Being able to use a custom property for deduplication would be much more useful.

HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

My client needs to be able to deduplicate by a custom fields like the account number. Of course we have the new deduplication beta, but deduplicating by surname eg. doesn't make a lot of sense. Being able to use a custom property for deduplication would be much more useful.

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Agree! A customer also suggested the idea of adding filters to the new duplicate tool that would allow them to filter down by options like Create date, email domains etc. For portals with many suggested duplicates, this will help them to narrow down and find those that are important to review first.