HubSpot Ideas

Achagnon1

Having a dynamic 'today' field in the 'Time between' feature

I'm in the process of setting up calculated properties to use the new "time between" feature in reporting, and realized that, in the 'time between' calculations for properties, I'd like to have access to the option 'today,' which would be a dynamic date set as the value of today's date.

That would allow me to track dynamically how long has it been since a deal has been created ('today' minus 'create date' = how far along we are in the sales cycle up till now). 

Mises à jour HubSpot
March 21, 2023 07:18 AM

Hi all!

It's Shay again from the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

Again, thanks to everyone for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We’re still reviewing this idea and trying to determine the best way to implement this in HubSpot. Turns out it’s a fairly complex engineering problem. To better understand all of the use cases for this type of field, we've created this survey and would very much appreciate it if you all could take a couple of minutes to fill it out.

Thanks,

Shay

Statut mis à jour : Being Reviewed
October 06, 2022 08:08 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Shay Jones, the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this Idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it. 

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

-Shay

95 Commentaires
gcohen
Membre

Yes pleaes. I would love this too.

bi_developer
Participant

I'm shocked this feature is not supported by Hubspot. This feature is so highly demanded, that it is baked into every coding language in the world. SQL-ers can't live without it. Data scientists and Business Intelligence developers can't live without it. Time Series data (pretty much all Hubspot charts) need it.  

Because Hubspot does not support this, I need to build reports to export data into other systems, and now our C-level team are using less Hubspot and relying on other systems. Hubspot needs to support this immediately.

Ben7
Contributeur

Please can this be given priority? It seems elementary and I am also surprised it is not a standard feature. 

bi_developer
Participant

I have written directly to David Hunt, VP, Global Customer Support, to take a look at this community request.  I wrote him on October 14, 2020. 

Seems like low-hanging fruit that a Dev team could implement in less than one sprint, so all users can make "Time Between" calculations between any datetime property and "Today's Date".  We ought to be able to select the output as milliseconds, seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months.  But I would settle for just milliseconds and then I'll build another calculated column to convert milliseconds into days, or whatever is needed.

Tlevesque
Membre

That's really missing, not having "Today" remove 90% of the usage I can have from this Time between feature...

And a simple increment/update of a day every 24 hours will be enough for me

BigeMe
Membre

Yes please

amtnezschez
Participant | Partenaire solutions

Absolutely agree... This is a must have, and development is so simple... 

bi_developer
Participant

Our company is using hubspot less and less because this feature is missing. We painfully export the data from hubspot into another system, just so we can use a getdate() feature in SQL and then use datediff() functions to make our calculated reports. We have talked about creating our own internal system to record and monitor Deals, which would make Hubspot obselete for us 😄 

erica11
Contributeur de premier rang

This is needed ASAP

sossp
Membre

Please.. implement dynamic today-- and also as mentioned by bi_developer:

"We ought to be able to select the output as milliseconds, seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months."

Time in between currently switching automatically between hours, days, months and years is really not functional, not reliable and not acceptable. I need to be able to choose the output metric

cheryllu
HubSpot Employee
bi_developer
Participant

Thanks Cheryllu, I replied to that thread on the workaround solution. Because the workaround workflow is constantly calculating on hundreds of thousands of Contacts (or millions of Deals), like a perpetual for loop, the workflow ultimately breaks down and begins to give incorrect data, and is not a good solution for us.  But it might work for smaller Hubspot accounts with a small number of contacts and deals.

AdamCrookes
Membre

Yeah, I think this is sorely needed. 

Insight_Studio
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite

This would be very beneficial to have - currently trying to calculate a 'Remaining Time in Contract' date - not possible without creating a workflow to stamp all companies with today's date... every day. Pretty inefficient, pretty painful. Would love to see this implemented.

tommitchell
Contributeur

This is badly needed - please implement!

bloosbrock
Membre

Has anyone received a response from HubSpot acknowledging the need for this and when it might be addressed? Thanks

MissTipsi
Contributeur de premier rang

This is a must, been waiting on it for so long...

woody
Contributeur

We have waited too long for this extremely basic feature.

Five years ago, I saw the "dynamic today property" feature on Infusionsoft - a much cheaper automation marketing software than Hubspot. I've also worked with many other software (most of them are basic and less professional than Hubspot) but they all developed the "dynamic today property" feature very early.

pauldudley
Membre

yes please, very accustomed to seeing this in salesforce

Remarkable
Membre

Any updates on this? It's really holding our transition from SFDC up...