HubSpot Ideas

JasonTisdall

Have a sequential deal number created each time a deal is created

This would essentially allow us to create a unique job number with each new deal. It would be so useful and would then be used as the root for a whole range of quotes and orders.

There is a similar request here https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Deals-Automatically-Associate-A-Consecutive-Number-To... which is marked as resolved. However this is NOT true. The problem solved is a unique ID to avoid duplication, NOT a sequential 4/5 digit number increasing with each new deal created.

I really would like a sequential , human useable number to be generated with each new deal within a range of contexts i.e. across company or within a given pipeline etc.

I'd like to be able to set the seed number i.e. a 5 digit number starting 10000.

I'd definitely want the number to be available to add to the deal title when it is created.

62 Replies
Diegolopez83
Participant
No, something really simple that they have been pushing to the bottom of
the list.
MGarvey

This would be a VERY helpful addition. It's one a the few things our team still has to do manually with an excel sheet.

Diegolopez83
Participant
Ive heard this so much from several companies. But we still can not manage
to get HubSpot attention.
TLauchert

Great Idea

BReese

Please add this feature 

jj12stars
Contributor

I don't understand why this isn't done. I would need it for several objects (standard and custom) not just deals. 

Diegolopez83
Participant
I dont even know what else to do, but it seems that we haven't been able to
catch their attention, i am already looking into other CRMs with more
flexible features.
JasonTisdall
Participant
I too am looking into alternatives. They just do not listen.
MZijlstra

Is was searching everywhere in Hubspot for this. For me a basic feature. Can't believe it does not excist...

LJenkinson

Definitely agree this should be standard, hoping to see this implemented soon!

CRichardson109

This is so frustrating. I've cancelled my Pro renewal this year, in part because of basic missing features like this.

Diegolopez83
Participant
Us too, we recommend to use Odoo so many functionalities for less price.

EThomas15

I honestely can't believe HubSpot does not have the option for an incrementing number sequence for Deal ID Numbers. We often have multiple open deals for the same customers and we need to be able to differenciate between the different deals.

PMorris1972

I was told by my Hubspot rep this was available when I purchased a month ago now being told that it will require another upgrade to Operations Hub, this is basic functionality that even ZOHO has.  We were also told we could make simple changes to the quote layout, now it wll require a developer and more $$.  Getting frustrated.

Unmatched
Participant

Hey! Matt from Unmatched here.

We've built an app for this! Sequential does exactly what you're looking for, it adds a sequential number onto a deal when it's created (or whatever your workflow criteria is).

Here's the link to the App Marketplace Listing.

Enjoy! Any questions, please reach out to me on LinkedIn or via our website.

Matt

DaveParry
Contributor | Elite Partner

+1

I have a client expecting this as standard after agreeing to migrate from Dynamics. Now having serious questions. They need it to integrate with their other systems.

I'm interested in the solution from Matt above so will look in to that.

Unmatched
Participant

Thanks @DaveParry, let me know if Sequential does what you need it to!

DaveParry
Contributor | Elite Partner

Matt - Perfect. Well done. A very simple app and nicely executed. Does what it says on the tin. I will now share this with a number of our clients!

Unmatched
Participant

That's great to hear, thank you Dave.

LinzThompson
Participant

It's good to see that there is a solution with the Sequential app integration from Unmatched.  But what about those of us on Sales Hub Starter package (workflows not available on this subscription)?  We are stuck with no simple solution to generate sequential IDs.  Sooooo frustrating!!