HubSpot Ideas

JasonTisdall

Have a sequential deal number created each time a deal is created

This would essentially allow us to create a unique job number with each new deal. It would be so useful and would then be used as the root for a whole range of quotes and orders.

There is a similar request here https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Deals-Automatically-Associate-A-Consecutive-Number-To... which is marked as resolved. However this is NOT true. The problem solved is a unique ID to avoid duplication, NOT a sequential 4/5 digit number increasing with each new deal created.

I really would like a sequential , human useable number to be generated with each new deal within a range of contexts i.e. across company or within a given pipeline etc.

I'd like to be able to set the seed number i.e. a 5 digit number starting 10000.

I'd definitely want the number to be available to add to the deal title when it is created.

62 Replies
HubSpot_user3
Participant

This is really the only thing stopping my company from investing in an upgraded version. 

The "Seed number" idea is great.

So is the ability to natively add the number to the "Deal name"

DSaunders2

We would also definitely find this feature incredibly valuable.

toddl

We migrated over from Salesforce, and they have an out of the box field called "auto-number" that lets you set an initial value and +1 on filter criteria (ie, add the number when a new opportunity/deal is created or closed or whatever you want. Super helpful to create Order Numbers that flow through from sales to service. 

DSaunders2

Yes It's not hard, but hubspot don't seem interested in user friendly
features often.

JYuille

Any news on this idea - I can see it's been requested since 2017

ACrane

Please let me know if this is updated... I am looking for this feature on tickets as well.

TLambert

We are also desperate for this. It's literally the only problem we have with HubSpot. As others have said, I am trying to promote the virtues of HubSpot to our team but the absence of this feature is enough to stop us making the move.

JSmith77

We also need this - we are trying to migrate to HS from an old database CRM, but our whole sales and aftersales process is built around having a 5 digit number that corresponds to each deal, which is referenced on all paperwork and documents relating to the project.

Grisu

We would also definitely find this feature incredibly valuable, especially for the use in custom objects, we made a Workflow, calling a Webhook to a number generating webservice

AndyJaynes

Absolutely a MUST HAVE

We are currently having to set up a ticket in Jira just so it supplies a unique sequential number.

AGiam
HubSpot Employee

Posting this on behalf of a customer. The current deal ID is too long and not user friendly to refer to. It would be good if we could set a starting point for each Deal ID like the orginal poster mentioned as well, e.g. a 5 digit number starting from 10000.

rggd

It's crazy that we can't customise the sequential deal ID. We should be able to set a customised starting point for the Deal ID. 

HubSpot_user3
Participant

Please HubSpot, you're our only hope.

princess-leia_WEB.jpg

SteveBeavis
Participant

Standard Functionality in any Ticketing System.....its a simple Counter that when inserted into a new record, it then increments by {x} each time ypu request it.

Hubspot, you need to step up and provide this!!

glpetrelli

I find it really crazy that Hubspot does not provide this feature. We need a 5 or 6 digit sequential numbering of each opportunity/order to be used also in:

- Hubspot

- our platform

- our billing system

Such an ID is vital to have a key connecting the 3 envirnoments. I'm now challenging the idea to migrate from Salesforce to Hubspot.

HubSpot_user3
Participant

Please hubspot! You're our only hope.

GregWazzy

I'm questioning migrating now. I can't actually believe Hubspot doesn't have an auto-number data type. Are there any plans for this, Hubspot team? 

KSmith198
Participant

Hubspot. The people have spoken.

Please grant us the ability to have auto-generated Deal numbers (that are pulled into the Deal Names).

Pretty please.

eliot_martin
Contributor

+1 should be vanilla.

I come from a CRM/ERP that allows the configuration of auto-generated numbers with any prefix/format/suffix to be assigned to any object or property.  HubSpot not having even basic auto numbering capabilities is a huge blocker.

Alexander1
Member | Platinum Partner

+1 upvote.