HubSpot Ideas

lsirac

Have a reply address different from the sender address in an emailing

When sending an email from the marketing side, we'd like to send emails from a certain address, but have an option to have replies come into another email inbox.

HubSpot Updates
July 16, 2019 02:01 AM

Hi @lucileferraton, this has been implemented. It's available as part of the Professional and Enterprise tiers of the Marketing Hub, you can read more about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/add-a-custom-reply-to-address-to-your-marketing-email

June 27, 2019 11:30 AM

Hi @christinecastro, you should be able to find it as a new checkbox underneath the "From Address" setting inside your marketing emails, as shown here: 

Edit_Email___New_email.png

If you untick that box, you'll get a new option to set the reply-to address. Let me know if you're seeing any issues with it. 

Delivered
June 17, 2019 08:21 AM

Hi all, this feature is now available to all Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise customers. Thanks for your feedback!

March 28, 2019 08:09 AM

Great question @schesley, should have offered that clarity previously. This works just like the From Address field, so you can use existing addresses, users on the portal, or you can use owner properties like {{ contact.email }} too. Hope this helps!

March 28, 2019 02:47 AM

Hi all, quick update here, our internal beta testing has gone well and we're now opening up this to a public beta. If you're interested in trying it out, please submit your portal ID here: https://forms.gle/VTfnDTbd7S5wRTdQ8 (you can find your portal ID in the top-right hand side of your HubSpot account). We're not expecting it to stay in beta very long, so this should be available to all shortly.

For those that emailed me to get access to the beta, you should see a reply from me in your inbox, thanks for reaching out! 

If anyone has any feedback on the update, while in beta or after release, please do share with me here. Thanks for your patience all, this has been a tricky one to get right.

In Beta
February 22, 2019 04:49 PM

I do indeed have an update, appreciate the ping on this! We've been working on technical implementation of this now for a little over a month and more recently we've been testing our implementation this week. Good results so far. We're heading into a small internal beta to test things out more thoroughly, but all is looking good at this stage.

Provided we don't hit any roadbumps along the way, expect to have this in your hands by mid-March. If you're interested in helping us out during the beta period, shoot me a mail to shay [at] hubspot.com with your portal ID and I'll add you in once we've completed internal testing. 

Thanks all! 

Re: Have a reply address different from the sender address in an emailing - changed to: In Planning
December 17, 2018 09:03 AM

Hi all, have some good news here, this feature is in active research and will be developed early in the new year. We should have a much clearer picture on timelines in January and I'll share an update as soon as we know more. Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions, excited to get this feature in your hands.

April 03, 2017 01:41 PM

When sending an email, it would be nice to be able to send it from one email address, but have the reply to email address be something different.

This is especially useful if we're starting an email sales campaign from our CEO, but don't want all the out of office replies, spam sales requests, etc. to go to her.

68 Replies
MarieLou

We appreciate this beta-function and look forward to be able to use it flawlessly. Smiley Wink

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, this feature is now available to all Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise customers. Thanks for your feedback!

christinecastro

I see from the comment above from Shay that this is now available for Professional and Enterprise customers. I have a professional account, but don't seem to be able to access this feature. Where would I find it?

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @christinecastro, you should be able to find it as a new checkbox underneath the "From Address" setting inside your marketing emails, as shown here: 

Edit_Email___New_email.png

If you untick that box, you'll get a new option to set the reply-to address. Let me know if you're seeing any issues with it. 

lucileferraton

Agree this feature is essential. Please implement it. 

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @lucileferraton, this has been implemented. It's available as part of the Professional and Enterprise tiers of the Marketing Hub, you can read more about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/add-a-custom-reply-to-address-to-your-marke...

christinecastro

I see that it has been implemented, but put into practice, it doesn't work. I had over 1000 auto responses with vacation out of office notes on my last email.

globert
Participant

At the moment it is not possible to have multiple reply-to email addresses. That would be much appreciated if implemented - specially for enquiries that require more than one team member to be cc'ed/involved.