HubSpot Ideas

lsirac

Have a reply address different from the sender address in an emailing

When sending an email from the marketing side, we'd like to send emails from a certain address, but have an option to have replies come into another email inbox.

HubSpot-Updates
July 16, 2019 02:01 AM

Hi @lucileferraton, this has been implemented. It's available as part of the Professional and Enterprise tiers of the Marketing Hub, you can read more about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/add-a-custom-reply-to-address-to-your-marketing-email

June 27, 2019 11:30 AM

Hi @christinecastro, you should be able to find it as a new checkbox underneath the "From Address" setting inside your marketing emails, as shown here: 

Edit_Email___New_email.png

If you untick that box, you'll get a new option to set the reply-to address. Let me know if you're seeing any issues with it. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
June 17, 2019 08:21 AM

Hi all, this feature is now available to all Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise customers. Thanks for your feedback!

March 28, 2019 08:09 AM

Great question @schesley, should have offered that clarity previously. This works just like the From Address field, so you can use existing addresses, users on the portal, or you can use owner properties like {{ contact.email }} too. Hope this helps!

March 28, 2019 02:47 AM

Hi all, quick update here, our internal beta testing has gone well and we're now opening up this to a public beta. If you're interested in trying it out, please submit your portal ID here: https://forms.gle/VTfnDTbd7S5wRTdQ8 (you can find your portal ID in the top-right hand side of your HubSpot account). We're not expecting it to stay in beta very long, so this should be available to all shortly.

For those that emailed me to get access to the beta, you should see a reply from me in your inbox, thanks for reaching out! 

If anyone has any feedback on the update, while in beta or after release, please do share with me here. Thanks for your patience all, this has been a tricky one to get right.

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
February 22, 2019 04:49 PM

I do indeed have an update, appreciate the ping on this! We've been working on technical implementation of this now for a little over a month and more recently we've been testing our implementation this week. Good results so far. We're heading into a small internal beta to test things out more thoroughly, but all is looking good at this stage.

Provided we don't hit any roadbumps along the way, expect to have this in your hands by mid-March. If you're interested in helping us out during the beta period, shoot me a mail to shay [at] hubspot.com with your portal ID and I'll add you in once we've completed internal testing. 

Thanks all! 

Re: Have a reply address different from the sender address in an emailing - changed to: In Planning
December 17, 2018 09:03 AM

Hi all, have some good news here, this feature is in active research and will be developed early in the new year. We should have a much clearer picture on timelines in January and I'll share an update as soon as we know more. Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions, excited to get this feature in your hands.

April 03, 2017 01:41 PM

When sending an email, it would be nice to be able to send it from one email address, but have the reply to email address be something different.

This is especially useful if we're starting an email sales campaign from our CEO, but don't want all the out of office replies, spam sales requests, etc. to go to her.

68 Kommentare
TVKurz
Teilnehmer/-in

I'm on the YES train. This is vital when sending from lead owners but want to capture one-off replies in a consistent way. Every other tool I use -- Pardot, Act-On, SharpSpring, Eloqua -- all have this. Is it a strategic ommission? What's the loigic?

lilybond
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

It's crazy that this isn't supported. We used this feature all the time in Marketo. 

Any movement on this, HubSpot? This is definitely messing with our workflows.

cameron-corniuk
Teilnehmer/-in

Definitely. This is needed. Surprised no one from HS has replied to this one.

James-Nichols
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

How is this not core functionality?! 

dorothysamuel
Mitglied

Come on Hubspot! This is a free offer on many platforms...

dorothysamuel
Mitglied

Yes! +1

shatton
Teilnehmer/-in

... pretty please implement?

DaniGomes
Teilnehmer/-in

Any new on this request? We need this asap.

Adam_Dawson
Teilnehmer/-in

Need this!

Unitips
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Would be amazing if this existed

TB2
Mitglied

+1 so important

amandaraz
Teilnehmer/-in

Yeah, I am shocked this isn't already a feature.  😞

EdBMarsh
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

completely agree. surprised to have discovered that this feature, standard in many platforms as noted above, is not available. Need it in order to send mails from an email subdomain but allow workflows to send from owners

Julianek
Mitglied

Agree, would be really helpful to keep a personalised send from CEO, but the auto replies go to someone else. Got my upvote!

vanessa_lottery
Mitglied

I too am extremerly surprised this feature isn't already in place. You'd think it's a standard these days! I hope this becomes a feature in the HubSpot platform very soon.

ARAlmond
Mitglied

Omg this is essential! As a workaround I created a new email domain similar to the original sender e.g. abigail@diagnostax.co.uk, instead of abigal.almond@diagnostax.co.uk

I then had the replies for this email address routed to where I needed them.

schesley
Teilnehmer/-in

upvote.

And this should not only be for the marketing emails, but also for the form notifications. For example, gravity forms is a well known robust form plugin for Wordpress. It allows for many robust customizations and conditional logic to be set for any form.

Not only can you change the reply to, and have it be different from the from/to fields, but also you can customize the form notifications based on conditions in the form fields. If country is XXX, then send Mary, but if country is xxxxx, send to Bob.

Details https://docs.gravityforms.com/configuring-notifications-in-gravity-forms/

robinsonjn22
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Schesley has a good point. That is critical for forms. Come on HubSpot! You're touting that you're now enterprise friendly but these few things are lingering. 

Ben_Caliper
Teilnehmer/-in

Pretty new to Hubspot but was researching and ended up finding this post. Add my name to the upvote. How many more upvotes do we need before this gets implemented by Hubspot?

mmaheshwari
Teilnehmer/-in

This would be a very useful idea. 

Sometimes for the sake of UX we are obliged to send emails from a generic email, but would like that any replies be sent to the specific inbox, that we should be able to define on our side.

Almost every other email platform offers this, it seems something so obvious for a mature platform like HubSpot!