HubSpot Ideas

lsirac

Have a reply address different from the sender address in an emailing

When sending an email from the marketing side, we'd like to send emails from a certain address, but have an option to have replies come into another email inbox.

68 Replies
Martin83132
Participant

Very good idea !

@lsirac wrote:

When sending an email from the marketing side, we'd like to send emails from a certain address, but have an option to have replies come into another email inbox.

MissSea

Agreed this feature would be really useful and is common in most other marketing platforms

OliviaPritchard

This feature would be extremely helpful! As mentioned by another user, many email marketing platforms offer this.

khughes
HubSpot Product Team

When sending an email, it would be nice to be able to send it from one email address, but have the reply to email address be something different.

This is especially useful if we're starting an email sales campaign from our CEO, but don't want all the out of office replies, spam sales requests, etc. to go to her.

stephanie_g

Would love to see this implemented

ValVng

This feature would be very useful for our newsletters !

Anu
Contributor

I had this feature in Zoho Campaigns and I miss it. It was very useful for our newsletters and client invitations. I could send the invites from our CEO and get the replies to the marketing team. 

CottRSlone

YES PLEASE!  ParDot also offers this feature, and I used it many times.  

Not being able to send replies to a different email address is causing me a huge headache.  I need to be able to send messages on my salespeople's behalfs, but have the replies go to the person actually keeping track of things.

AFanoun

I agree! It would be very helpful to send from a different email address and have direct visibility of the replies that come in. 

mbuchholz

I agree! This feature would be really helpful. Please implement!

Jrbb1212

Please integrate this - it's standard on the lowest level email platforms. As stated in another comment, our CEO should not have to deal with sale email replies and forward them back to the marketing team - especially considering the comparative cost of Hubspot.

HIVE
Participant | Diamond Partner

We need the ability to send emails from one email address, but to set a separate reply to address. It's common in most email marketing softwares, not sure why we don't already have it.

Melissa_Davis

Yes, we REALLY could use this function! Many email systems offer this function, and I really really miss it in HubSpot. We often want to send event invitations from our President, for example - but he shouldn't have to deal with the replies!

breedcc

+1

HelenRoss
Contributor

I currently have to set the email address and sender name as from different people and it's confusing the hell out of my customers. Can this please be a thing?

KatieK
Participant

+1 for this! Very simple functionality that would make a big difference over here. 

SuzieC

My team is currently having this issue:

We DO NOT currently have the ability to set a default "From" email address when we write to a customer from the CRM.

It creates this issue:

- If we FORGET to change the default adress to the desired one, this is what happens:

- Currently, the default "FROM" email address is set to every user's own work email address (personalname@...com)

- If we forget to change the default "FROM" email address to the customer support email address - general customer support email address being: support@....com, than we will not be notified when customer responds + the response will fall into the user's personal email inbox. 

At our company, we prefer a short response time OVER having always the same person responding to a customer.  

Of course, we try and remember to always set the FROM email adress to the support@...com email when writing to a customer....but we all know how hectic a day can be and even though we make the effort to remember...sometimes my team just forgets and it causes this issue.

robinsonjn22
Participant | Partner

This is critical. Please implement. Even MailChimp and Act-On have this basic feature. Thanks!

Jrbb1212

Any movement on this, Hubspot? I find it hard to believe even the free email platforms have had this from day one and you can't integrate. Help us out.

lilybond
Contributor

This is extremely important for us. I'm really surprised this doesn't exist. We used this extensively in Marketo and it's very upsetting that we can't do so here.