Have a reply address different from the sender address in an emailing

When sending an email from the marketing side, we'd like to send emails from a certain address, but have an option to have replies come into another email inbox.

HubSpot updates
67 Replies
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Beta

I do indeed have an update, appreciate the ping on this! We've been working on technical implementation of this now for a little over a month and more recently we've been testing our implementation this week. Good results so far. We're heading into a small internal beta to test things out more thoroughly, but all is looking good at this stage.

Provided we don't hit any roadbumps along the way, expect to have this in your hands by mid-March. If you're interested in helping us out during the beta period, shoot me a mail to shay [at] hubspot.com with your portal ID and I'll add you in once we've completed internal testing. 

Thanks all! 

tburks

We would like the option to have a different Send From email address and Reply-To email address in marketing emails.

Suttungr
New Contributor

Hi again, any more news and progress regarding this most important feature?

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, quick update here, our internal beta testing has gone well and we're now opening up this to a public beta. If you're interested in trying it out, please submit your portal ID here: https://forms.gle/VTfnDTbd7S5wRTdQ8 (you can find your portal ID in the top-right hand side of your HubSpot account). We're not expecting it to stay in beta very long, so this should be available to all shortly.

For those that emailed me to get access to the beta, you should see a reply from me in your inbox, thanks for reaching out! 

If anyone has any feedback on the update, while in beta or after release, please do share with me here. Thanks for your patience all, this has been a tricky one to get right.

schesley
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the updates Shay. Will the option for "Reply-to" allow us to select the email of the person filling out the form, or is it only allowing selection of one of our internal Hubspot email/account? For example to use the personalize option next to field and select {{ contact.email }}

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Great question @schesley, should have offered that clarity previously. This works just like the From Address field, so you can use existing addresses, users on the portal, or you can use owner properties like {{ contact.email }} too. Hope this helps!

paigeworthy412
New Contributor

Thank you, Shay!! I just requested access to the beta feature.

pj011
New Contributor

This would be particularly helpful - since you're advocating for the emails to come from "an actual person" as opposed to the company.  Fingers-crossed this is happening in 2019.

Freezin
New Contributor

Yes... this would be adventagous and help with open rates.

JoshFechtAgilit
Visitor

We've just submitted the form and look forward to testing this feature.

Thank you!