HubSpot Ideas

lsirac

Have a reply address different from the sender address in an emailing

When sending an email from the marketing side, we'd like to send emails from a certain address, but have an option to have replies come into another email inbox.

68 Kommentare
Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
Shay
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all, have some good news here, this feature is in active research and will be developed early in the new year. We should have a much clearer picture on timelines in January and I'll share an update as soon as we know more. Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions, excited to get this feature in your hands.

kwisness
Mitglied

Yes, we just started using Hubspot, and in our previous system, we had this functionality and it was wonderful. It would be great to have it in HubSpot. 

Suttungr
Mitglied

Any news on when this functionality will be available? This functionality is crucial when sending marketing email to a larger number of recipients. When you have a different reply-to-addresses, the autoreply (ex. I'm out of office...) goes to the original from-address, and the manual replies are sent to the reply-to-address. That way you can respond quickly to real responses, and you will not have your inbox spammed with autoreply.

shatton
Teilnehmer/-in

@Suttungr Several months ago, I went to a masterclass on best practices in email marketing put on by MarketingProfs. The instructor said that the business of today should do away with non-personalized email addresses entirely for mass marketing emails. Also frustrated that Hubspot hasn't yet implemented the feature in this thread, we took a deep breath (three of us here on marketing) and started sending with our email addresses. No negative feedback from our clients and no push back from our executives. Here's what's cool - my marketing emplopyees and I now feel a bit more important now. We are not a faceless voice anymore. And my name now preceeds me when I reach out for client interviews or other asks, so it's been helpful. Take all this with a grain of salt. I understand that we are only one business, and your organization (and your CEO) is different and may have completely different use cases for why this feature is a must.

Suttungr
Mitglied

@shatton I totally agree. We typically send out from Myname Mylastname (post@companyname.com) and with a reply to myname.mylastname@companyname.com. We are a member organisation, and we usually send out to everything from 200 to 12,000 recipients. When we send out the larger ones, 300 auto replies do mess up your inbox :-). That's why we need this functionality, and I think it has been standard functionality for years with services like MailChimp and similar. We have had this functionality since 2011 in our old system. 

shatton
Teilnehmer/-in

@Suttungr I'd probably do the same if I were in your shoes. @Shay It's February. You said that you should have an action plan with timeline by January. What's the status?

eMWRewards
Mitglied

Please do share an update on the status of this feature.  Our former service had this feature from the start. 

kseiffert
Mitglied

Is there an update on this product update? It is a standard feature in most email platforms and would be incredibly helpful to have.

adamcowperthwai
Teilnehmer/-in

@Shay Its mid-February now. Any update on this feature?

sabkill
Mitglied

Agree. This is a standard feature in all other MAs.

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
Shay
HubSpot-Produktteam

I do indeed have an update, appreciate the ping on this! We've been working on technical implementation of this now for a little over a month and more recently we've been testing our implementation this week. Good results so far. We're heading into a small internal beta to test things out more thoroughly, but all is looking good at this stage.

Provided we don't hit any roadbumps along the way, expect to have this in your hands by mid-March. If you're interested in helping us out during the beta period, shoot me a mail to shay [at] hubspot.com with your portal ID and I'll add you in once we've completed internal testing. 

Thanks all! 

tburks
Mitglied

We would like the option to have a different Send From email address and Reply-To email address in marketing emails.

Suttungr
Mitglied

Hi again, any more news and progress regarding this most important feature?

Shay
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all, quick update here, our internal beta testing has gone well and we're now opening up this to a public beta. If you're interested in trying it out, please submit your portal ID here: https://forms.gle/VTfnDTbd7S5wRTdQ8 (you can find your portal ID in the top-right hand side of your HubSpot account). We're not expecting it to stay in beta very long, so this should be available to all shortly.

For those that emailed me to get access to the beta, you should see a reply from me in your inbox, thanks for reaching out! 

If anyone has any feedback on the update, while in beta or after release, please do share with me here. Thanks for your patience all, this has been a tricky one to get right.

schesley
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks for the updates Shay. Will the option for "Reply-to" allow us to select the email of the person filling out the form, or is it only allowing selection of one of our internal Hubspot email/account? For example to use the personalize option next to field and select {{ contact.email }}

Shay
HubSpot-Produktteam

Great question @schesley, should have offered that clarity previously. This works just like the From Address field, so you can use existing addresses, users on the portal, or you can use owner properties like {{ contact.email }} too. Hope this helps!

paigeworthy412
Mitglied

Thank you, Shay!! I just requested access to the beta feature.

pj011
Mitglied

This would be particularly helpful - since you're advocating for the emails to come from "an actual person" as opposed to the company.  Fingers-crossed this is happening in 2019.

Freezin
Mitglied

Yes... this would be adventagous and help with open rates.

JoshFechtAgilit
Mitglied

We've just submitted the form and look forward to testing this feature.

Thank you!