HubSpot Ideas

troelsfeodor

Handle inbound / incoming calls in HubSpot

We currently have to use a service like Aircall to handle the inbound calls, which is not ideal. When you do the outbound calling from Hubspot it would make sense to also be able to handle the inbound calls and get them properly tracked, recorded, etc.

HubSpot Updates
July 11, 2022 09:41 AM

@Flo_bi We cannot log inbound calls, missed calls, and voicemails for "Outbound phone numbers" because they happen outside of HubSpot and are routed through the external telecom or VOIP provider. If the VOIP provider has a marketplace integration, they can push the call logs into HubSpot. Otherwise, users need to use a HubSpot phone number. We will be expanding the phone number offering to additional countries, stay tuned here.

Delivered
May 03, 2022 11:58 AM

Hello HubSpot community! 

I am excited to announce that we now offer phone numbers and inbound calling! Dive into all the details here.

We know our job isn’t done and are already hard at work on the next round of features. This post encompasses a lot of different requests, this makes it hard to categorize feedback and share updates. We are going to mark this post as “delivered” and will open new threads for specific feature requests (and recommend you do the same).

Below are threads we have started for upcoming features. If they are important to you, I recommend upvoting and commenting on these pages.

Receive calls within the HubSpot  app

Manage voicemails in HubSpot

Port your existing phone number into HubSpot

Offer phone numbers in additional countries

Thank you for the continued feedback and support.

Happy Calling!

October 14, 2021 04:56 PM

Hi Everyone,

Good news! We are getting closer to offering inbound calling and we are looking for users to provide early feedback. If that is something you might be interested in, please fill out this form.

Thank you for all of the amazing feedback already provided and we look forward to growing together!

In Planning
June 16, 2021 06:10 PM

Hello HubSpot community! 

As @JoeMayall mentioned in his previous post, making HubSpot calling bi-directional to support inbound calls alongside our current offering of outbound calling is something we realize is important for our customers. Since the last update in October 2020, we have renewed our focus to offering this functionality. We do not have a concrete timeline or initial feature set that we're comfortable committing to quite yet. However, I am moving this idea to the "in planning" stage to better reflect our increased commitment, as we currently are researching and prioritizing the work required to add inbound calls natively to HubSpot. 

We'll continue to monitor the use cases and needs submitted on this thread and will post updates as we have them. Your patience and continued feedback is very much appreciated as we work towards delivering a solution! 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback and support, it helps us build a better product.

In Planning
May 19, 2020 02:56 PM

We agree this is a big gap! We're in the early phases of developing a plan to bring Inbound calling support to HubSpot. We will update this issue with more infromation as we validate our approach to realizing this feature. 

In Planning
March 25, 2019 08:04 AM

We are planning on building an API to allow integrators to embed their calling functionality, including inbound calling, into HubSpot.

If you'd like to give our team feedback on how inbound calling should work, please fill out this form.

142 Replies
aadi_immidisett

When is this going to be added?  Any concrete date? 

NAds
Contributor

This is important.

BennyP
Contributor

@jmangiameli  do we have an update on the feature or the beta version? I have filled out the form you listed to try out the beta version, but have received no followup. At the moment I cannot use Hubspot for some users because they receive many inbound calls and we would just miss them if we were to use Hubspot calling (we're using softphones, so no incoming call to an actual phone). 

This is very important for us and am very keen on testing out the beta version!

DClovis

Why is it not ideal?

BGalli

Hello Everyone, there is some updates on this topic? I'm interesting to integrate my cti system on inbound calling with hubspot

Thanks

aflynn

I agree! it would make perfect sense to have an inbound call option with a VM that can be set up

MissTipsi
Top Contributor
Hopefully their strategic investment in Aircall will see this resolved ASAP
CP-BWG
Contributor

I suggest to the community that they investigate all the work hubspot has done to integrate third party solutions to their CRM - especially when many of those 3rd part apps are more refocused and better suited for needs of a broader range of customers. 

One example here is the use a true dialer software solution and integrate it with hubspot to get your hubspot contact to pop up on incoming calls. Aircall is one we are looking at now - and they work well. 

LHG

Any updates regarding this feature?  

MArzt
Participant | Gold Partner

Hi, 

any news or accesses to betas? we re currently working on several cases of calling integrations and need to know, when it is going to be native in Hubspot. thank you. 

MCiszak2

Hi,

Could you please provide the update on where you are with inbound calling option? 

Thank you!

EthanR
Participant

Where are we at with this one Hubspot? We're forced to pay Aircall through the roof prices simply because you don't cater for inbound calls. If you're trying to compete with players like Sales Force this is a must. Do we have a timeframe on this? 

JPHalle

I had the Beta trial two weeks ago of Hubspot Calling with incoming calls and, to be honest, it's very very limited as an option available.

Do not expect to have an IVR or advanced telephone system, the current vision seems to be limited to one to one communications. One agent with one caling number to receive and make call, thats it.

Joacimbr
Participant

yes, please give an update here @hubspot 

up_guillaume

If I am correct, what we are claiming as Hubspot user is the same functionnalities that has been offered on Zoho for a few years. This topic has been on for quite a time; we are patient but this is key to handle customer service within Hubspot!

https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/kb/crm/extensions/telephony/articles/integrate-with-twilio

Joacimbr
Participant

Just saw the inbound call product update in HubSpot. Seems to be live now, but as someone mentioned earlier, it's very very limited. Is there any information on what kind features we can expect in the near future? @jmangiameli @hubspot 

jmangiameli
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot community! 

I am excited to announce that we now offer phone numbers and inbound calling! Dive into all the details here.

We know our job isn’t done and are already hard at work on the next round of features. This post encompasses a lot of different requests, this makes it hard to categorize feedback and share updates. We are going to mark this post as “delivered” and will open new threads for specific feature requests (and recommend you do the same).

Below are threads we have started for upcoming features. If they are important to you, I recommend upvoting and commenting on these pages.

Receive calls within the HubSpot  app

Manage voicemails in HubSpot

Port your existing phone number into HubSpot

Offer phone numbers in additional countries

Thank you for the continued feedback and support.

Happy Calling!

Joacimbr
Participant

Everyone here should upvote the following post/request for futher inbound call features: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Additional-call-functionality/idi-p/559464

Flo_bi

@jmangiameli 

Log inbound calls, missed calls, and voicemails to CRM for Outbound phone numbers is essential. As you only offer very few international numbers and the HubSpot provided phone numbers lack often in call quality make this is essential as many have to rely on outbound phone numbers from other providers.

Would be great to get an update on the priority of this topic.

As I understand from this article, currently it is not possible

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/calling/manage-phone-numbers-registered-for-calling

jmangiameli
HubSpot Product Team

@Flo_bi We cannot log inbound calls, missed calls, and voicemails for "Outbound phone numbers" because they happen outside of HubSpot and are routed through the external telecom or VOIP provider. If the VOIP provider has a marketplace integration, they can push the call logs into HubSpot. Otherwise, users need to use a HubSpot phone number. We will be expanding the phone number offering to additional countries, stay tuned here.