Handle inbound / incoming calls in HubSpot

troelsfeodor

We currently have to use a service like Aircall to handle the inbound calls, which is not ideal. When you do the outbound calling from Hubspot it would make sense to also be able to handle the inbound calls and get them properly tracked, recorded, etc.

HubSpot updates
Status updated to: In Planning
Jun 16, 2021

Hello HubSpot community! 

As @JoeMayall mentioned in his previous post, making HubSpot calling bi-directional to support inbound calls alongside our current offering of outbound calling is something we realize is important for our customers. Since the last update in October 2020, we have renewed our focus to offering this functionality. We do not have a concrete timeline or initial feature set that we're comfortable committing to quite yet. However, I am moving this idea to the "in planning" stage to better reflect our increased commitment, as we currently are researching and prioritizing the work required to add inbound calls natively to HubSpot. 

We'll continue to monitor the use cases and needs submitted on this thread and will post updates as we have them. Your patience and continued feedback is very much appreciated as we work towards delivering a solution! 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback and support, it helps us build a better product.

Status updated to: Being Reviewed
Oct 26, 2020

Hey folks,

I wanted to hop in and give you a quick update on this thread.

Inbound calling has been a feature we’ve been exploring for some time. While we’re committed to delivering Inbound calling,  it is a highly complex project that we’ll be working towards well into next year.  We’ll continue posting updates to this thread as we have more concrete information.

Despite this being In Planning, I am moving it to Being Reviewed to better reflect the state of development. Our primary goal is always to be transparent about where Ideas stand, and Being Reviewed better reflects the status of this Idea. (More information about our status can be found on the Ideas Forum Users Guide)

Best,

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

May 19, 2020

We agree this is a big gap! We're in the early phases of developing a plan to bring Inbound calling support to HubSpot. We will update this issue with more infromation as we validate our approach to realizing this feature. 

Mar 25, 2019

We are planning on building an API to allow integrators to embed their calling functionality, including inbound calling, into HubSpot.

If you'd like to give our team feedback on how inbound calling should work, please fill out this form.

103 Replies
JTorresCG

Is there any update on this idea? I am quite surprsied this feature is not available yet being one of the most standard features in every other system I have used in the past.

Thank you

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot community! 

As @JoeMayall mentioned in his previous post, making HubSpot calling bi-directional to support inbound calls alongside our current offering of outbound calling is something we realize is important for our customers. Since the last update in October 2020, we have renewed our focus to offering this functionality. We do not have a concrete timeline or initial feature set that we're comfortable committing to quite yet. However, I am moving this idea to the "in planning" stage to better reflect our increased commitment, as we currently are researching and prioritizing the work required to add inbound calls natively to HubSpot. 

We'll continue to monitor the use cases and needs submitted on this thread and will post updates as we have them. Your patience and continued feedback is very much appreciated as we work towards delivering a solution! 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback and support, it helps us build a better product.

james_
Participant

+1000 on this. Inbound phone calls have always been the most valuable opportunities for any business I've worked with. Call pop ups with the associated contact record are necessary for sales agents to accurately keep notes and log activity in the correct place in Hubspot.

Our contact records are a complete mess and totally unreliable due to this specific problem.