HubSpot Ideas

troelsfeodor

Handle inbound / incoming calls in HubSpot

We currently have to use a service like Aircall to handle the inbound calls, which is not ideal. When you do the outbound calling from Hubspot it would make sense to also be able to handle the inbound calls and get them properly tracked, recorded, etc.

HubSpot Updates
July 11, 2022 09:41 AM

@Flo_bi We cannot log inbound calls, missed calls, and voicemails for "Outbound phone numbers" because they happen outside of HubSpot and are routed through the external telecom or VOIP provider. If the VOIP provider has a marketplace integration, they can push the call logs into HubSpot. Otherwise, users need to use a HubSpot phone number. We will be expanding the phone number offering to additional countries, stay tuned here.

Delivered
May 03, 2022 11:58 AM

Hello HubSpot community! 

I am excited to announce that we now offer phone numbers and inbound calling! Dive into all the details here.

We know our job isn’t done and are already hard at work on the next round of features. This post encompasses a lot of different requests, this makes it hard to categorize feedback and share updates. We are going to mark this post as “delivered” and will open new threads for specific feature requests (and recommend you do the same).

Below are threads we have started for upcoming features. If they are important to you, I recommend upvoting and commenting on these pages.

Receive calls within the HubSpot  app

Manage voicemails in HubSpot

Port your existing phone number into HubSpot

Offer phone numbers in additional countries

Thank you for the continued feedback and support.

Happy Calling!

October 14, 2021 04:56 PM

Hi Everyone,

Good news! We are getting closer to offering inbound calling and we are looking for users to provide early feedback. If that is something you might be interested in, please fill out this form.

Thank you for all of the amazing feedback already provided and we look forward to growing together!

In Planning
June 16, 2021 06:10 PM

Hello HubSpot community! 

As @JoeMayall mentioned in his previous post, making HubSpot calling bi-directional to support inbound calls alongside our current offering of outbound calling is something we realize is important for our customers. Since the last update in October 2020, we have renewed our focus to offering this functionality. We do not have a concrete timeline or initial feature set that we're comfortable committing to quite yet. However, I am moving this idea to the "in planning" stage to better reflect our increased commitment, as we currently are researching and prioritizing the work required to add inbound calls natively to HubSpot. 

We'll continue to monitor the use cases and needs submitted on this thread and will post updates as we have them. Your patience and continued feedback is very much appreciated as we work towards delivering a solution! 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback and support, it helps us build a better product.

In Planning
May 19, 2020 02:56 PM

We agree this is a big gap! We're in the early phases of developing a plan to bring Inbound calling support to HubSpot. We will update this issue with more infromation as we validate our approach to realizing this feature. 

In Planning
March 25, 2019 08:04 AM

We are planning on building an API to allow integrators to embed their calling functionality, including inbound calling, into HubSpot.

If you'd like to give our team feedback on how inbound calling should work, please fill out this form.

142 Replies
Rajb
Participant

Must have facility to record Inbound calls. Atm all inbound calls are answered on my mobile and there is no record of it in my CRM. Only recently the feature has been made available to see which contact is calling but to not have a record in the CRM is leaving a big gap especially for us salespeople who are out of the office majority of the time. I am finding the app also to be quite limiting without the email signature flowing through. 

Joel_Cacciotti

Following for this feature as well.

asburynewton

Please create this feature soon!

Muxman

Hi, I am new to Hubspot and I am REALLY suprised that in 2019 a major CRM does not have an incoming call API. The whole point of a CRM is to log all user events and pop up the contact on calls, etc. Without it I need to manually search for a contact when he calls. Can you please add this very soon?

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

+1 from me

Having a dropdown and selecting outbound or inbound would be a handy feature at minimum.

JohnPolish
Participant

This needs to be on the mobile app as well. Communication through a salesperson's mobile # is a hallmark of a good relationship. (E.g. Estimator Joe at Build Co. calls sales rep Frank at Supply Co. directly on his mobile to ask him what products they sell that meet the spec for a bid). This should work for text as well. 

The mobile app should include a phone a text app. 

Raghu

Has there been any progress on this?  Most of the other CRMs are providing this feature and would be very ideal for customers who use phone numbers that are only available through sources like Twilio. We would love to have the feature to receive the calls in HS which eventually ties to the contact if it exists.

JohnPolish
Participant

Please ensure that the outbound number can be spoofed to match an existing number.

This way the call display number doesn't confuse clients. 

MissTipsi
Top Contributor

it seems crazy that this isn't available, and even if it isn't, not having the option to distinguish between Inbound and Outbound is a pain. This is wider issue though in terms of how activities are structured. "Calls" should be different from "Meetings" and "Inbound calls" should be different from "outbound calls"

up_guillaume

+1 on this one.

cl77
Participant

+1

jpalarcon
Contributor

+1 This is a must. Other CRMs have it. I can't believe you guys still haven't. I love Hubspot, but this really is something that complicates customer interactions and misses relevant information that should be on the customer's timeline.

There should also be the possibility that for certain users conversations are always recorded, such as for customer service people.

Bea_Lebe

+1.
I take from the recent messages that no such thing has been developed yet, which is a shame indeed. It would be very much appreciated to save time and manage inbound call 100x more efficiently. 

Raph

Here, we used Ring Central (it is powered by Zoom) for several years. They have developed quite an interesting plug in that allows to automatically prompt the Hubspot contact record, with the "Call log" window open, for every call (both inbound and outbound).

We've recently migrated to Zoom. What's funny about it, Zoom is integration made by Hubspot, but it doesn't have the features we had with Ring Central. I'm not complaining, Zoom has other features, but I'm kind of missing Ring central though.

I'm looking forward to having this feature.

mfreiert
HubSpot Product Team

We agree this is a big gap! We're in the early phases of developing a plan to bring Inbound calling support to HubSpot. We will update this issue with more infromation as we validate our approach to realizing this feature. 

codipeterson
Participant

+1 to this as well. Please involve me and my team in any Beta releases. 

Indianadc

Following, we need this as well, log incoming is more important to us than loggin outgoing.

graceotaiza
Participant

We need this feature too! Following. +1

PhilZ87
Participant

To be honest for our company HubSpot doesn't make much sense for Customer Support without this Feature sadly. I hope you have this really soon. Unfortunately we will probably have to go with Salesforce.

First of there should be a separation of Inbound and Outbound Calls in the tool. 

Then there should be a option in the settings to set up different inbound call numbers (service / support call numbers). Also there should be an option to set if somebody has access to the inbound calling feature while using HubSpot. If one of our customer service agents has access to it, everytime somebody calls one of the service numbers that we set up in the settings a popup should appear. It would look like the following:

If a contact calls from a phone number which is known from the contact database a small Popup should appear with "Lisa Mey is calling". The popup should display the latest open support tickets (if there are any). There should be options to accept / decline / forward the incoming call. If you press forward you can choose from the list of people who have access to the inbound calling feature. Also there should be an option to directly open a service ticket.

If a contact calls from an unknown phone number a popup should appear with Somebody is calling your "German Support Number" (the name was set before in the settings while setting up the onbound phone numbers).

Again there should be the 3 options to accept / decline / forward. If then the service agent clicks accept the call HubSpot should automatically open a short "create a new contact" window and also the call duration should be recorded. After the service agents finished to create the new contact the timeline of the contact should display "contact created from inbound call via "German Support Number"" and also it should display the inbound call duration of the first call. 

Also there should be an option to link the incoming call with a existing contact in the "create a new contact" area. This would be the case if a known contact calls from an unknown number

MyCaptain
Participant

It's a must feature since hubspot bundles sales, marketing, & service hub. Especially for sales & service this feature is non negotiable. 

I can't understand how it is still in planning. We should have been Able to see a working system by now.  We don't want to rely on third party apps for this.