HubSpot Ideas

troelsfeodor

Handle inbound / incoming calls in HubSpot

We currently have to use a service like Aircall to handle the inbound calls, which is not ideal. When you do the outbound calling from Hubspot it would make sense to also be able to handle the inbound calls and get them properly tracked, recorded, etc.

HubSpot Updates
July 11, 2022 09:41 AM

@Flo_bi We cannot log inbound calls, missed calls, and voicemails for "Outbound phone numbers" because they happen outside of HubSpot and are routed through the external telecom or VOIP provider. If the VOIP provider has a marketplace integration, they can push the call logs into HubSpot. Otherwise, users need to use a HubSpot phone number. We will be expanding the phone number offering to additional countries, stay tuned here.

Delivered
May 03, 2022 11:58 AM

Hello HubSpot community! 

I am excited to announce that we now offer phone numbers and inbound calling! Dive into all the details here.

We know our job isn’t done and are already hard at work on the next round of features. This post encompasses a lot of different requests, this makes it hard to categorize feedback and share updates. We are going to mark this post as “delivered” and will open new threads for specific feature requests (and recommend you do the same).

Below are threads we have started for upcoming features. If they are important to you, I recommend upvoting and commenting on these pages.

Receive calls within the HubSpot  app

Manage voicemails in HubSpot

Port your existing phone number into HubSpot

Offer phone numbers in additional countries

Thank you for the continued feedback and support.

Happy Calling!

October 14, 2021 04:56 PM

Hi Everyone,

Good news! We are getting closer to offering inbound calling and we are looking for users to provide early feedback. If that is something you might be interested in, please fill out this form.

Thank you for all of the amazing feedback already provided and we look forward to growing together!

In Planning
June 16, 2021 06:10 PM

Hello HubSpot community! 

As @JoeMayall mentioned in his previous post, making HubSpot calling bi-directional to support inbound calls alongside our current offering of outbound calling is something we realize is important for our customers. Since the last update in October 2020, we have renewed our focus to offering this functionality. We do not have a concrete timeline or initial feature set that we're comfortable committing to quite yet. However, I am moving this idea to the "in planning" stage to better reflect our increased commitment, as we currently are researching and prioritizing the work required to add inbound calls natively to HubSpot. 

We'll continue to monitor the use cases and needs submitted on this thread and will post updates as we have them. Your patience and continued feedback is very much appreciated as we work towards delivering a solution! 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback and support, it helps us build a better product.

In Planning
May 19, 2020 02:56 PM

We agree this is a big gap! We're in the early phases of developing a plan to bring Inbound calling support to HubSpot. We will update this issue with more infromation as we validate our approach to realizing this feature. 

In Planning
March 25, 2019 08:04 AM

We are planning on building an API to allow integrators to embed their calling functionality, including inbound calling, into HubSpot.

If you'd like to give our team feedback on how inbound calling should work, please fill out this form.

142 Replies
NoD
Participant

For hubspot "inbound" is the most important thing. The most important thing is to know everything about the peaople that get in touch with your company. Every content strategy, marketing workflow or email campagin is based on this data. We figured out a 25:1 call to filled forms ratio. So it is WAY more important to receive any possible Call Data than getting Data out of web forms. So please get this inboud Call Data into Hubspot Timeline.

markjnor
Participant

We definitely need the ability to record incoming calls through browser and mobile/app.

This would be a massive help!

Cheers

Skogluft
Participant

This should definitely be a feature in HubSpot. Zendesk has it, close.io has it. They integrate with Twilio for both inbound and outbound calls. When you call 500 people and they start calling you back it's much better that this is handled natively inside HubSpot. moreover, when some calls the contact record is automatically opened as close.io has managed to fix nicely. 

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

@Skogluft 

It sounds like neither Zendesk or close.io have this as a native feature either and rely on an integration with Twilio in order to capture inbound and outbound calls or have I misunderstood you? 

Skogluft
Participant

@ThreadsHelp2018 I don't know much about zendesk, but i use Close.io. They use Twilio, but from a user perspective its all ready and feels like part of close.io software. you dont need a separate subscription to kixie or aircall. And when somebody calls, the contact card automatically comes up on the screen. you just make and receive calls within close.io as much as you want. another feature close.io has, which is important if you call many numbers is the ability to drop a pre-recorded voicemail message. If I use HubSpot for calls now, all return calls are to my mobile phone, which i don't like. In close.io we use a company number which is the main number for the whole business. Anyone of my employees can answer incoming calls. it works very well. I hope hubspot will develop calling further so that its also a good system for salespeople.

To summarize:

1. handle outgoing and incoming calls natively in hubspot (fine if hubspot uses twilio for this)

2. ability to have multiple numbers

3. voicemail message drop for speedy calling

4. contact card automatically pop up when someone calls.

Clarity

It would be great if incoming calls would automatically open the contact record of the caller in the CRM.

Skogluft
Participant

Small startups are doing native inbound/outbound calling now, with much fewer resources than HubSpot. It's stupid that we even have ask for it. HubSpot  employees, use cisco for inbound/outbound calls. You would think management would put some developers to work on this, to make HubSpot a proper piece of sales software.. missed calls should show up in conversation inbox, in the same way as emails. Same goes for form submissions. Now you have to click 6 times to get to form submissions:) form submissions from customers are no different from emails. They belong in conversation inbox. 

kevinempire2017

My team just realized that this would be a great idea. We utilize the outbound calling feature but it would be nice to have the ability to take inbound calls as well.

mschnitt
HubSpot Product Team

We are planning on building an API to allow integrators to embed their calling functionality, including inbound calling, into HubSpot.

If you'd like to give our team feedback on how inbound calling should work, please fill out this form.

Bryce
Top Contributor

@mschnitt  glad to hear it!

Although, ideally we would use the included minutes in our Hubspot plans.

Quantum-AU
Contributor

Great idea! I see @mschnitt has moved it to planning and asking for feedback on API integration - However, for those of us using it as a standalone - could the option be added to select inbound or outbound call in the "log a call" button?

Kixie

Kixie provides inbound call routing and Hubspot integration coupled with outbound power dialing features and SMS. 

stimulyst

I would love to see this feature as well. Need the ability to log inbound calls. Would be nice if the app could recognize the call was from a CRM contact & ask to record the call and log the activity.

Tippling

I would like to be able to recieve a call back from contacts and prospects without having to utilise a separate phone etc and instead through the HubSpot application / centre. The calling tool is great but when leaving voicemail or asking for a call back it would be nice to have it all under one roof.

bksd1

Yes, this would be excellent!

What voip systems are people using for this currently? I am using justcall and it is honestly unreliable and negatively impacting our business in a major way. 

Paperbee

Where are you located? We are in the US and tried Justcall, but were not happy with reliabilty - I think its because they are located in India and focused on Asia Pacific?

We switched to Ringcentral for our office staff and Kixie for our sales/CS reps that use HubSpot

bksd1

Thanks I will look into that. Is there any reason that you're using 2 different services for office staff and sales reps? 

Paperbee

Ringcentral has specific things for the office staff like faxing and video conferencing.

Kixie has specific things for our hubspot users like the hubspot integration, CTI screen pop with hubspot info, and an outbound power dialer. 

Paperbee

Both systems do work well for us as separate platforms

orangepegs
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This seems like a logical component of a program designed for calling. Building an API integration isn't good enough, because it still requires the use of a 3rd party app. I would like to see this built in at the Pro and Enterprise levels.