HubSpot Ideas

troelsfeodor

Handle inbound / incoming calls in HubSpot

We currently have to use a service like Aircall to handle the inbound calls, which is not ideal. When you do the outbound calling from Hubspot it would make sense to also be able to handle the inbound calls and get them properly tracked, recorded, etc.

142 Replies
alliveagency
Participant

Throwing in my request for tracking/recording inbound calls.  Being able to do via mobile would also be amazing.  Guessing there are technological challenges here, but sure you guys can figure it out. Thanks!

Bryce
Top Contributor

I had a very quick look at Aircall and it looked like a minimum of something like USD120 per month (!) to use that on top of your Hubspot Sales Pro (now min USD 400 per month). So, only for bigger companies.

Le1

Is this likely to become a feature in the future?

Trevor
Contributor

Yes, please! Having the contact property automatically opened for an incoming call would be remarkable.

thjoris

I agree with everyone here, being able to log incoming calls would be very useful.

CRM6300
Participant

This is tremednously needed.  This was something we took for granted when we used the Outlook App for Iphone. Please focus on this and get it up and running ASAP

RobinMcIntosh

This is a MUST it's really frustrating that Hubspot only shows half the picture of inbound interest. Thanks.

MatiasEscobar

Also looking forward to being able to handle inbound calls with HubSpot. Really astonished about not having this feature. Besides Aircall, what others services exist to handle this?

vesnastefanovic
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is very important functionality, contact should be automatically opened on incoming call.

AlexGallo
Participant

Absolutely agree. This is key to our business where we receive more inbound than we make outbound

brc235
Participant

Agreed, this is a neccessary feature. I suggest building an integration with RingCentral that could do the following:

NEEDED FEATURES:

1. An inbound call comes in it is answerable in HubSpot and the contact's info is shown

2. If a call is missed, that activity is logged to the Contact's record

WANTED FEATURES:

3. If a voicemail is left, that activity is logged on the Contact record and the voicemail recording is available there

4. If an SMS message is sent, that activity is logged to the Contact record

I could see a RingCentral + HubSpot integration being a feature we'd pay for as well if it were available, but alas....

RebeccaHill

This could be good for us to have too. Currently, there is no way to do this making reporting difficult as well as not providing a seamless journey for customers. Please consider this feature!!!

jnicolau

The mobile app should montor the mobile phone logs in order to keep track of all incoming phone calls and upload that info to the Hubspot server. The app could also directly record conversations. 

acmo

+1 from me

hgutierrez

Receive incoming calls, both in Sales and Service, is a must. Hopefully it would be available soon.

mmaddux
Participant

I haven't read through all the comments, but it appears Hubspot doesn't accept incoming calls natively through their platform. In addition to the requests for this feature, I'd like to add that when using a third-party solution like AirCall or Toky, you cannot log the inbound calls correctly. They appear as outbound calls and therefore are not tracked properly. It has something to do with the limitations of their API. Hopefully, if they solve one of these issues, both will be solved.

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

Just reading through these ideas and thought I'd let people know about our new HubSpot integation that is currently in beta.

Our integration works by automatically logging and tagging calls that have been made or received using a VoIP landline directly into HubSpot. We plan to add mobile calls as well in the future. As well as logging the call we also attach a link in HubSpot to the call recording and a transcription of the call.

Having a transcription of the call is a real game change for businesses that make lengthy phone calls as it means that if we need to listen back to the call we don't have to spend 20-30 mins scrubbing back and forth, we can just skip to the bit of the call we are interested in. We have also recently added a feature that sends you an email as soon as the call is complete and allows you to tag the call without having to switch back into HubSpot. 

If anyone is interested in this, then please feel free to drop me an email

Bryce
Top Contributor

Thanks @ThreadsHelp2018 but which company are you from?

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

Hi @Bryce

Details for getting in contact were in my post. If you would like further information on our beta you can email me at threads@jpy.com. Thanks! 🙂

nickheurter

+1