HubSpot Ideas

atma

HTML code view/editing in Service Hub Knowledge Base articles

Allow users to edit the HTML code of the article, in order to add custom formatting, tables anchor links, code snippets etc.

Zendesk and Freshdesk have this feature...

PS - There is a code icon in the editing toolbar, but it's for inserting links not code! Guess the icon is wrong.

24件のコメント
mollymetzger
投稿者

I agree. This would help us out a lot. The current text editor of Knowledge Base is really limiting. 

SViani
参加者 | Diamond Partner

The lack of opportunity to integrate iframes prevents us from replacing zendesk.

kainj
メンバー

It would be great to include a "no index, no follow" search box command. 

We dont want our knowledge base articles indexed by search engines.

jfloren
メンバー

Yes, even the ability to just drop <pre> tags into the thing would be a start. As it is, I can't see any good way to put multi-line code snippets into an article, and "just make an image showing the text you want displayed for now" (the response my ticket received) is pretty bad.

gloreal
参加者

It's good to know I'm not the only one finding the Knowledge Base article editor extremely limiting. 

The ability to add HTML and additional formatting would be great. Unfortunately right now only videos from YouTube, Vimeo and Instagram can be added. We use a different video hosting service and unfortunately cannot include our video content.

aderiz
メンバー

This gets my vote too.  We'd like to be able to use highlightjs for code syntax highlighting (as we do on our blog).  At present we're at loggerheads with the Knowledgebase articles. The only way around it is to introduce a poor user experience to our customers by uploading images of code instead of copy/pasteable snippets. 

A basic oversight when HubSpot knowledge relies heavily on code snippets for HubL , json etc 

Please get this added ASAP!

basil
キーアドバイザー

+10

DanaEpp
メンバー

I'm in on this. Consideirng how much more we pay for ServiceHub over Zendesk, and are missing such basic capabilities such as:

• Adjusting fonts to match company branding
  • Display more that 2 articles in the main KB landing page per category
  • Prevent search engines from indexing content
  • Allow for a code snippet view

Ideally, if this worked in conjunction with the themes we already use in the Design Tool would be ideal.

RHearnRencore
参加者

My company has decided to transfer our KB over from Zendesk to HubSpot. I am shocked at how basic and limited the kb editor is without any way of adding style to the KB. I find that most cases I spend more time making an article visually appealing more than adding the contents, simply because if it does not look good people will not read it. It is even more annoying that there is an HTML editor on this forum and not on the KB.

Markus
参加者

It's so basic. We need it!

Jochem
メンバー

+10, without it I can't replace my current solution

onvista
投稿者

This is really a must have, too bad it isnt implemented yet.

Vitruvi-Meaghan
メンバー

Doing this would also allow us to add tables (a feature we've been missing ever since switching from Zendesk), as well as embed non-standard videos through the <video> tag, or JavaScript embeds.

goconnor
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Thank you for all your comments about the knowledge base editing.

In recent weeks we rolled out a new version of the article editor. You can see all of details here. More updates will be rolled out to this editing experience soon and will include Tables and Anchor links.

As well as improving the article editing experience, we will be also rolling out a new feature very soon which will allow you to have more control over the design and layout of your knowledge base. This feature will allow you to:
- Choose from a number of different layout options

- Select the articles you would like to appear on the homepage

- Select fonts that should be used in your knowledge base

- And much more

If you are interested in receiving early access to this feature, please DM me with your Hub Id and email address.

tracipitman
メンバー

Agreed. I really need to use anchor links in my service hub content and I guess it isn't available yet?

jmtr
メンバー

This would be really helpful!

_armen
メンバー

I can reply to this idea using HTML, but I can't put HTML into my knowledge base article... that's...perplexing...

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
goconnor
HubSpot製品開発チーム

We are currently reviewing bringing HTML editing to the Knowledge Base and will provide more information on the status of this as soon as it's available.

jjonatann
メンバー

Please make sure to enable the option to add code to the <head>

I need to add this into my help articles

<meta name="robots" content="noindex">

jimmyp
メンバー

Please can you add HTML editing features so we can link a category tile to our customer service page through the KB. It kinda defeats the object of having a KB if we can't customise things to how our brand sits.