HubSpot Ideas

hroberts

Group and Round Robin Meetings links should appear in Meetings for all users who are a part of them

Currently, for any team Meetings links (Group or Round Robin) the link only appears in the list of meetings for the user who created the link. This means other users cannot see the link in their list of links, or edit it.

HubSpot Updates
August 31, 2020 12:22 PM

Hi @aschraner ,

Thanks for bringing up those issues. Today, the best way to resolve this is to have an admin create the team meetings links for the team using their preferred URL. 

We're looking at a few different options to try to help with managing URLs going forward, so please make sure you've voted on https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Clone-Meeting-Links/idi-p/219229 for updates related to that idea.

Best,

Lars

Delivered
August 31, 2020 09:38 AM

Hi all,

Users can now see all links connected to their calendar, regardless of who owns them. Super Admins also have the permission to edit those links. Let me know if we missed anything on this idea: lars (at) hubspot.com 

Best,

Lars

April 29, 2020 12:23 PM

@ndwilliams3 

Sorry about the confusion. This actually was not previously "In planning" so my comment was inaccurate. I've updated it now. However, to clarify this is in our backlog, and we have plans to make this fix, but to be conservative I'm refraining from updating to "In planning" until we have this confirmed in one of our upcoming sprints. 

Thanks for catching that!

April 28, 2020 02:51 PM

@spogue @abeselt I wanted to jump in and share that we have another open idea that is In Planning to allow admins to view and edit other user's Meetings links: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Admin-View-of-All-Users-Meeting-Links/idi-p/16453. It seems like some users on this thread are looking to solve similar use cases that will be addressed when that functionality is released.

Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:54 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. 

Best,

Glen

41 Replies
Nat_Higgins
Participant

This is absolutely needed! It exists in Calendly, which is the meeting scheduler that I am switching from (not my choosing). Not having meetings that another team member created listed as one of my meetings means I can't even get the meeting link to send to someone that wants to schedule that meeting type.

If the settings need to be locked down so only the owner can edit them, that's fine but that's not even the case right now. My co-worker who created a round-robin meeting sent me the link to edit the meeting, which I was then able to do. If I can edit the meeting, it stands to reason that I should be able to see the meeting as an option in my list.

Please address this ASAP!

BenHP

Please fix this Hubspot!

Your meeting tool is a good alternative to Calendly but if my team can't see the meetings in one place it's a real pain for them to keep those meeting links close to hand when speaking with prospects - having to resort to individual bookmarks for qualifying calls, training calls and debrief calls which is pretty messy

mollymetzger
Contributor

We need this too!

Team meetings should be accessible to other users. If someone is on vacation and a meeting needs to be edited, it creates a major headache. Not to mention, if someone leaves the company, it would be very messy to recreate all these meetings and update all the links. 

BenHP

This needs to happen! Currently resorting to having my team use a list of bookmarks in their browsers instead of viewing all the meetings in one place within Hubspot. Any time that we have to rely on other tools to do a sales/marketing job Hubspot loses a bit of value. Would love to see Hubspot as a truly all in one solution some day.

ChristianM
Participant

Yup - we just ran into the same issue.

Team meeting links can only be edited by the creator.

Need to open this up to the team - maybe even have an "edit-rights" per team member.

- Christian @ CodeX Academy

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. 

Best,

Glen

abeselt
Participant

This would be very helpful for teams changing and letting all administrators update the meeting link instead of having to log in to that person's HubSpot only.

spogue
Top Contributor

Agree. With the recent moves to centralize and bring more features under admin control (control/name users' task queues or controlling team sidebars), I'm surprised that Meetings aren't included here. Maybe they are just waiting to add more? Its an odd one for sure. Meetings are a really big blind spot for Hubspot it seems.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

@spogue @abeselt I wanted to jump in and share that we have another open idea that is In Planning to allow admins to view and edit other user's Meetings links: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Admin-View-of-All-Users-Meeting-Links/idi-p/16453. It seems like some users on this thread are looking to solve similar use cases that will be addressed when that functionality is released.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

@glencornell, can you clarify.  Does  moving form "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" mean it's still in the development backlog and just pushed to a later sprint? Not sure if that mean't is was pulled from the backlog indefinitely? 

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

@ndwilliams3 

Sorry about the confusion. This actually was not previously "In planning" so my comment was inaccurate. I've updated it now. However, to clarify this is in our backlog, and we have plans to make this fix, but to be conservative I'm refraining from updating to "In planning" until we have this confirmed in one of our upcoming sprints. 

Thanks for catching that!

aschraner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Yes, I have the same issue with quite a few clients for which we set up HubSpot for Service and Sales. It would be great to have the following improvements for the meetings tool that are closely related to this idea:

• admins should be able to see (and ideally even modify and clone) all meeting links of all users (personal and team / round-robin). This would allow e.g. a head of sales to set up links for a whole team and ensure quality and e.g. similar wording for meetings of individual sales reps.
  • team / round-robin meetings should be visible for everyone. maybe even personal meeting links of other team members
  • team / round-robin meeting links are now tied to someone's personal meeting URL.  as it's a team meeting link, this doesn't make sense and looks strange to customers. this should not be the case and the URL should be definable by admins (of course within the limits that they must be unique)
  • I should have the option to change meeting URLs after creation, or (as I understand that there are negative implications with that) I should at least be able to clone / copy a meeting to create a similar meeting link with a new URL that I can change when cloning

All those improvements would imho make the meetings tool a lot more usable and manageable by companies with multiple sales or customer service employees!

ungerwoman

Given that meeting shortcuts are an option in the Hubspot to Gmail or Outlook plugins these need to include all links an individual may be booked for. Ownership should be allowed across the team and not burdened on one user. 

Lars
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

Users can now see all links connected to their calendar, regardless of who owns them. Super Admins also have the permission to edit those links. Let me know if we missed anything on this idea: lars (at) hubspot.com 

Best,

Lars

aschraner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @Lars 

That's fantastic news and another step forward!! Thanks!

What about thosee 2 additional points?

• team / round-robin meeting links are now tied to someone's personal meeting URL.  as it's a team meeting link, this doesn't make sense and looks strange to customers. this should not be the case and the URL should be definable by admins (of course within the limits that they must be unique)
  • I should have the option to change meeting URLs after creation, or (as I understand that there are negative implications with that) I should at least be able to clone / copy a meeting to create a similar meeting link with a new URL that I can change when cloning

André

Lars
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @aschraner ,

Thanks for bringing up those issues. Today, the best way to resolve this is to have an admin create the team meetings links for the team using their preferred URL. 

We're looking at a few different options to try to help with managing URLs going forward, so please make sure you've voted on https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Clone-Meeting-Links/idi-p/219229 for updates related to that idea.

Best,

Lars

CherylLK
Contributor

@Lars 

I'm a super admin on our account. One issue I'm running into is when I go to edit a group link with two users (let's say Amy the owner and Jill the additional person), the user who is not the owner (Jill) gets removed automatically and I see the error "A user was removed from this link We’ve removed a user on this link who is no longer a user in this account. Please confirm the group members on this link and then save it."

The problem though is the user who was removed is still an active user and should not be removed, and I cannot add them back as their name no longer appears in the drop down list. I have to cancel and cannot edit the link becuase if I do it saves with Jill missing. Does it have something to do with the Team the user is on? On our group links the additonal people are all members of a different Team than the owners of the links.

SteveHTM
Top Contributor | Partner

Thanks for the improvents Hubspot team! Its a good step forward!

Steve

CBN
Top Contributor

This is much needed. It makes little sense, that I cannot update the layout and other elements of existing meetings. That I have to be assigned as a bookable person on meeting to update does not in any way match how most work.

Basically, I cannot have my marketing assistant update confirmation page URL on a meeting without he is assigned as a bookable person.

ZowieLee

We need this as well.

This can help admin to manage the portal effectively.

Thanks.