HubSpot Ideas

mark_poyser

Group By Option in Reporting

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has come from Salesforce on here, but from reporting aspect it was very strong, with many options for configuring reports. On the options was 'group by' in reporting. I would say that this is where Hubspot has a weakness in the reporting.

As an easy to explain example. If you wish to show Contacts by Company in a report and display each of the Contact names per company, the result in Hubspot is that the Company name appears in the list for every contact. 

With 'Group By' this break the report up into sections by Company, with the Contacts listed below in a section. This would repeat for every Company.

There are so many options for this functionality, including displaying data by month, qtr, year etc

Unless I am missing something. This does not appear to be possbile currently

Hubspot Dev Team, please add this function

29 Replies
MissTipsi
Top Contributor

SF reporting is light years ahead of Hubspot unfortunately. No OR reporting, severe limitations around relative dates and inability to do left/right joins etc.

JamesNichols90
Participant

Yes!!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for and, in my eyes, is HubSpot's biggest reporting flaw.  We run activity reports to show activities attached to deals.  We would love to group the deals in each deal stage.  Then we could see all of the deals in each stage and all of the sales activity related to said deals.

JamesNichols90
Participant

Report 1.PNG

There is this "break down" option, but it dissapears when you want your report configured as a "Table".

JamesNichols90
Participant

Here is an example of a report in Salesforce for the folks at HubSpotHere is an example of a report in Salesforce for the folks at HubSpot

Here is an example of the report from the folks at HS.  As you can see the rows can be grouped multiple times.

JamesNichols90
Participant
AGoletti
Participant

If the reporting worked as it does in Salesforce this system would be perfect. 

KMace
Participant

I need the ability to group in reports. By numbers, dates, status, etc.

DanielMolina

I was able to group contacts under companies by using Pivot Table under Custom Report Builder  

SZinken
Participant

Has anyone heard anything more about this? I'm trying to create pivot table in order to have a report that shows contacts organized by company.

ashfaqshaikhjr

Need this feature

Ceridwen1971
Participant

This is a must for us. We are coming from SalesForce and my Sales Team is pushing back on the implementation because of the lack of being able to add a third row option on the pivot table reports in HubSpot. Definately a MUST!

DMcBeth

This would be amazing to have.  I am surprised it is not a feature after a couple of years since this was submitted. 

KDale

Agreed with those above. This is an absolute must have and I hope it's prioritized very soon. 

OSegall6

NEED THIS!

WSmith5796

Agreed!  A "Group By" is a common reporting element in many applications (heck - Outlook View Settings).  It allows you to build table-based summary reports of many types.  In SalesForce, I would group and then summarize Deals month or quarter.  Please add!

AJohnsson
Participant

Coming over from Salesforce this is probably the functionality I miss the most. Please make this happen.

SReuven

Same here - I can't believe I'm saying this but this simple feature makes SFDC better

AInkster

same - has anyone found a way to group accounts by a column? 

MZelasko

My team would love this so much 

LNord

^^ it's me, i'm team that would love it so much. i miss this one slice of functionality since transitioning from sfdc.