HubSpot Ideas

Dylan

Granular custom object permissions

Custom objects should have granular permissions based on each custom object, instead of the "umbrella" approach today where access is granted across all custom objects

32 Replies
HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Agree - In many instances we are adding in custom object records so that we can report and display data in HubSpot. I am in need of the ability to allow users to view but not create a custom object record. I would only like our Admins to be able to create. 

Our use case is Referral partners. When a new contact or company is added into our database a Referral Partner object is automatically created therefore our team only ever needs to add a Referral Partner to a deal or company that is already existing. If the contact or company isn't in HubSpot they would add the contact or company then the referral partner record would be created automatically for them to add to the deal or company.

Having these permissions would allow us to have proper procedures in place to have proper access rights to maintain a clean database. 

rainer_sch

We absolutely support this idea!

We nee 3 custom objects with different access rights per role.
E.g. confidential project information which may only be seen by Role 1 and human resorces data which may only be seen by Role 2

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

+1 different custom objects require different permissions for users. 

inigolekunberri
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1

devclive

I agree - we have different custom objects that require different levels or permissions to view etc.

KSchmidt8
Participant

+1 different custom objects require different permissions for users.

ebarton
Participant

So much yes on this! It is a HUGE hindrance to us that we can't have separate permissions on each of our custom objects. Different teams need to be able to access different types of objects. Having it all controlled by one permission it makes it really difficult to manage. Using "Owned Only" or "Team Only" can only get you so far if you need to have a HubSpot user field to identify the sales rep on record for a contract without having them be able to actually edit said contract. Using a text field opens it up for misspellings or nicknames here and full name there, which is an issue for consistent reporting. This really needs to be added to the backlog for HubSpot.

LSluyter
Participant

I absolutely agree. We use custom objects for very different kind of use cases. Hence, it would be tremendously helpful if you could configure the access permission for each custom object on an individual basis.

Jon-RevenueOps
Contributor | Gold Partner

yes please! 

mariomaier
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

We really need this for an enterprise customer which would like to manage the investor relationships and the customer relationsships in the same tool and without restricting view permissions on certain custom object this is not possible. 

+1000 😉 

GEiselt
Contributor

+1, absolutely necessary!

KSchmidt8
Participant

I wonder what those 51 of us who have upvoted this since September 1, 2020 could do to get this prioritized after 1.5 years time.

CGoodwinOlsen
Contributor

This is a huge disappointment to realize that permissions are set across all custom objects.  We have several use cases for custom objects, with different requirements for user access.  

GregP
Contributor

Very much agreed. The ability to let users create one type of custom object, but not another, is essential for custom objects to be able to be used with data accuracy in mind.

GCleland
Member | Elite Partner

We require this for teams that have particular property field needs that are not needed/wanted by the rest of the organization.

JKrantz
Contributor

this is huge! we have 1 custom object that needs to be private to owner only, and another for all to view, finding this not vary valuable with the lack of permissions. 

ChelseaParsons
Member | Elite Partner

100% support this!

KPak
Participant | Elite Partner

Hey! Being able to control user permissions at an object level is critical to configuring HubSpot for our clients. When enterprise clients have 3+ custom objects managing the user permissions grouped together is unmanageable. This causes major conflicts from a data privacy perspective.

Eg: For construction/real estate companies, they want their 'Listings' to be public to everyone, but they want the enquiries that come through to be private to the Listing Owner. 

IvanR
Participant | Elite Partner

Yes - this!!!

LucasR
Member | Elite Partner

I second this, would be great for bigger clients with additional permission requirements!