HubSpot Ideas

SMaanju

Granular User Permissions for contact and companies

If a contact or is visible to multiple teams or assigned to multiple users, everyone can see the emails exchanged with the contact. Some emails have sensitive information which should not be visible to the other team. On the other hand i can't restrict the contact to one specific team. This is creating a big issue in our organisation. Some of the emails exchanged by Accounts team must not be visible to Support/Service team and vice a versa. 

Also, a company usually have operations in multiple regions with each region having their respective contacts. When i am granting access to a contact to a team, i am inadvertently granting access to all the contacts of the company. For me thats not feasible, since each region has its own set of sales executives. 

Please, this needs an urgent fix, otherwise it completly defeats the purpose of using a CRM. 

Another big problem happens when a contact emails the support team(conversations inbox) for some queries or complaints. All of a sudden they get access to all the email exchange between sales team and the contact. 

3 Replies
wicara
Participant

For me it is blocking things for companies and allowing for contacts. something as easy as allowing contacts to be deleted but not companies would be a huge improvement. 

tom569039875678
Participant

This issue is caused by the fact that all inboxes and conversations are visible to all users. Inboxes have an 'access' restriction feature, but this (bewilderingly) does not prevent teams/users without access from viewing the inbox.

The inability to implement permissions on inboxes & conversations is severely undermining Hubspot's usefulness as our CRM.

CRichardson

This is causing issues with our Exec staff fully adopting Hubspot as a CRM, they are reluctant to log their emails and integrate into Outlook in case they forget to unflag a sensitive email. If there was a way that contacts could still be seen by all but emails from certain users / teams not viewable by all as they often contain sensitive information.