HubSpot Ideas

JackMoreton

Granular Export Permissions

Hi 

The current export permission simply provide on/off functionality, you can either export everything or nothing. 

It would be great to break this into more granular levels such as 

- by object (including individual custom objects) 

- by level i.e. can export all records / can export filtered records etc. 

This would be a feature that many security teams would be pleased with, it allows us to restrict access in line with other business systems. Currently everything needs access to everything when most user just need reports or some need contacts etc.

Hoping this gets looked at!

Thanks

6 Comentários
SRoberts
Membro

An additional point to this:

Currently, even if a user has export permissions switched off, as long as they are able to access the Reporting tool, they can create a dashboard with the information they need and include the data in an attachment. With the right software, even if the attachment is a PDF, they could easily convert that file into an Excel or other document for use outside of HubSpot.

Alongside being able to control Export permissions on a granular level, it may be beneficial to have the dashboard emailing permission split out so you can control who can do this and who can't.

adriansprake
Participante

I would be very keen to limit the ability to export everything and only set limited export permissions.  For us we would want to allow certain users to export reports and view contacts but not have the ability to select the entire contact database and export.

Melissa_CM
Participante

For us we would want to allow certain users to export reports, forms and view contacts but not have the ability to select the entire contact database and export.

DJeanotte
Membro

We would like our teams to be able to export their own contacts (or their teams), but not all contacts. Our teams are real estate agents and they have strict ownership of their own clients.

CWallBoard
Membro

for me the Customer service team should not have access to export all contacts or companies , i only want them to be able to export information about tickets as thats all they want. 

allowing full access to contacts and company export is a massive breach, what stops someone from dumping all contacts and then i have no idea what they are doing with that information. I'm very supprised this was not looked at during designing security and permissions 

HAxling
Membro

This topic is important to us as well.

We cannot allow all users the ability "export" as it means they can export EVERYTHING.

Therefore, we have a few users who become tasked with exporting small data needed by individuals who do not have export permissions.

We would love to see export permission filters and limitations as too many objects you can export at 1 time or per month.

-Contacts / companies / deals

-Lists

-Reports

-Tickets

etc

Allowing users access to export ALL of the above is a security risk.