HubSpot Ideas

andyhampshire

Grant Users Access to Multiple Teams

We need the ability to grant users access to multiple teams so when they are creating deals, companies or contacts they can specify which team they are doing this for.

This will allow our support staff to support multiple individuals in a way they can't at the moment and in reality, in many businesses, an individual will often work with more than just their own team. The user permissions settings are far too basic at the moment with just 'individual', 'team' and 'everything' not granular enough.

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
January 07, 2020 07:14 AM

Hi HubSpot community,

As always thank you for your continued feedback on this issue. I'm excited to let you know that this ability has been released to all Professional and Enterprise customers. You can learn more about the functionality here

Status atualizado para: In Beta
October 04, 2019 04:34 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

We're excited to let you know that the ability to add users to multiple, secondary teams is officially in beta for Professional and Enterprise customers. Over the next few weeks we will be listening to feedback and improving the product before releasing more broadly. Stay tuned and thank you for your continued feedback on the HubSpot Community!

August 13, 2019 06:25 AM

Hi @percy@jdlaguyo

Thank you for following up! We're getting very close to finalizing the functionality here and should be emailing those who are a good fit for the beta as early as next week. Thank you for your patience thus far, we're working hard to get this right, stay tuned! 

- Dylan 

Status atualizado para: In Planning
July 15, 2019 02:48 PM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Dylan from the HubSpot Product Team here.

Thank you so much for your continued feedback and input on this issue. I'm excited to let you all know that in the coming weeks we're preparing to bring this feature into a private beta for Professional and Enterprise HubSpot accounts. 

If you'd like to request access to this private beta once it becomes available - please submit this form.

Note: we will be prioritizing good-fit submissions who provide the most context about thier needs and plans to use the feature. 

Thank you in advance for your continued input here on the HubSpot community and helping us build a better product for you all.

- Dylan 

January 30, 2019 08:03 AM

Hi HubSpot Community, 

I truly appreciate all of your feedback and input on this idea. We've begun considering and planning how to implement this functionality across HubSpot. If this is something you're still interested in contributing to, great, we could use your feedback! We've put together a form to learn more about your businesses needs - you can find it here.

For those who are willing to provide us with a bit more input via the above form, you'll likely be first in line for beta access to this functionality once it has been developed. 

Thank you again for your continued input in making HubSpot a better Product! 

151 Comentários
david_dataton
Participante

Please make a user be able to be member of ATLEAST two teams. It is quite rubbish and a real show stopper for us. 

FredStave
Membro

Agree! Need this one too.

Jon_Sasala
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Hey Everyone. I think I have some great news. A solution to this problem.

There is now the ability to create a custom contact property that uses HubSpot Users, just like the contact owner contact property. 

You can create a new contact property called "Owner Team Lead" and essentially assign a contact to two people. This will allow a contact to be assigned to someone like a rep with Owned Only or Team Only access and additionally a Sales Manager. No, the sales manager is not technically a member of multiple teams, but workflows can be set up to add them as a second owner, granting the access/visibility we were looking for.

brestelj
Membro

Concur.  This is almost a show stopper for us with regards to security.

AndreaTinner
Participante

If I create a property called "Owner Team Lead" with the "Field type" "HubSpot user" - is this really working with the HubSpot features and access settings from the user settings?

Jon_Sasala
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

@AndreaTinner  Correct, it is using the HubSpot access settings as if "Owner Team Lead" is the "Contact Owner."

Dylan
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi HubSpot Community, 

I truly appreciate all of your feedback and input on this idea. We've begun considering and planning how to implement this functionality across HubSpot. If this is something you're still interested in contributing to, great, we could use your feedback! We've put together a form to learn more about your businesses needs - you can find it here.

For those who are willing to provide us with a bit more input via the above form, you'll likely be first in line for beta access to this functionality once it has been developed. 

Thank you again for your continued input in making HubSpot a better Product! 

agcook
Participante

Need this NOW! Our Sales Executives work in Sales Pods by region. I have a couple of people that work on two pods and need to be able to assign to the associated teams. This thows off my metrics and tracking for the specific pod... PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE ASAP! Thanks!

Greg-Doshii
Membro

This is required. Staff have multiple roles in multiple teams.

ChW
Participante

This is a must have 😉

hollybo
Participante

Ideally, would also be able to send correspendence based on a users "TEAM" .. for example, you want to send all "SALES TEAM" a link to sales training, or all "SERVICE TEAM" a note that you have a new knowledge base loaded ETC. Right now the only work around is to re-create the the team in lists:

list of internal contacts

Then set the criteria for your inclusion list will be is NOT a member of that list.
Here's how to do that: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/salesforce/create-a-salesforce-inclusion-list 

AND THEN create lists with your internal team member assigned to their team "LISTS"

buildingcentre
Participante

This would be a great feature! I have a frontline team, and I want some of its members (not all) to pick up the live chats, so I wanted to make a Support team!... but alas, users can only be members of one team! Seems like a real flaw in the teams functionality because people (especially in smaller organisations) work across teams! 

StanleyYu
Membro

This is an essential feature that must be enabled immediately. Many organizations out there have members that manage multiple teams.

Sunflowervienna
Participante

We also need this feature! For agile cultures it is necessary to work in multiple teams.

Figari
Membro

YES!! In agreeance with this idea!! For our business we have multiple locations all of which need to be their own teams. I do have Sales staff that oversee multiple locations/teams so those indiviuals would require access to those location/teams relevant to them. At the same time there are staff members that I would prefer not have access to any other locations/teams other than their own so love the teams feature!! 

The other issue currently is that if I have a userer that isn't assigned to a team so that they can have access to all teams, any contacts/companies/deals that they have created aren't seen by anyone unless they also are unassigened to a team. 

The idea of this feature is great however in its current format is very restricting and almost defeats the purpose of having the feature.

KateTUS
Membro

As a manager of multiple teams how am I supposed to do my job without this functionality?

Matija2209
Participante

You cannot.

natalia_loewen
Colaborador(a)

Something similar with Child and Parent Team Permissions is also here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Permissions-on-Child-and-Parent-Teams/idi-p/260432

DavidPower
Participante | Parceiro

Definitely needed. I just realised some of our team couldn't access set contacts due to them being in another team. As some have said teams are not that useful if you can not be part of multiple teams. 

For this reason, we had to create a dummy user that is assigned to a management team that only Admin superusers can access but still be part of another team. 

It did not solve the problem of needing staff to be part of different teams though. 

Be great to get this feature sorted. 

LingualConsult
Membro

This is astonishing that it is still not a feature.