HubSpot Ideas

andyhampshire

Grant Users Access to Multiple Teams

We need the ability to grant users access to multiple teams so when they are creating deals, companies or contacts they can specify which team they are doing this for.

This will allow our support staff to support multiple individuals in a way they can't at the moment and in reality, in many businesses, an individual will often work with more than just their own team. The user permissions settings are far too basic at the moment with just 'individual', 'team' and 'everything' not granular enough.

151 Comentarios
dkarras
Colaborador

I agree with this 100%.  The concept of Teams is great, but we really need the ability to either assign users to multiple teams or create sub-teams.  i.e.,

• If I have salespeople assigned to a store, a store manager over them, and then a regional sales manager over multiple stores,
  • and the contacts are assigned to the salespeople as owners,
  • I have no way to set up permissions that allows both the store manager to see only his assigned salespeoples' contacts, AND the regional manager to see only his multiple assigned stores' salespeoples' contacts.

I need either:

• "sub-teams", so I can create a Store Team (for the store manager) that is a sub-team of the Regional Team (for the regional sales manager)
  • or the ability to assign the regional managers to multiple teams (multiple Store Teams)
Ria_C
Participante
Yes, this feature is very important, especially for a start-up company where people are usually assigned to multiple teams. Granting user access to only Team-related content is just as crucial, especially when working with sensitive contacts/deals.
JonS
Miembro

Would love to have this feature. We are a hotel management company and require different sales managers to have access to multiple hotels (and not others). Hope this idea goes through. 

Andrew3
Colaborador

Agree 100%.  We need the ability to assign users to multiple teams.  (Sub-teams are not the issue for us, rather, some individuals are supporting deals in more than one team.)

Andrew3
Colaborador

(Further detail): We need the ability to assign Users to multiple Teams and then track deals by Team.  When a User is assigned to multiple Teams, the Deal can then be assigned to any Team that the user is part of, and this field would show a drop down list of those Teams.  

Lets get this feature upvoted and released!

WeSee
Miembro

Here's another vote from me.  I'm currently trying to set up HubSpot CRM for my new company and the inability to assign users to multiple teams is really causing me pain.

KailaCovian
Miembro

Completely agree!! need this so bad! 

hvy_weight
Colaborador

Absolutely! The concept of "teams" is nearly irrelevant if you are restricted to only one. How can a sales manager do their job if they are only able to access one of the teams they are to manage?

Louishou
Miembro

This is critical for a multi-layer sales organization. I am planning to extend to use of Hubspot in other regions. Due to this limitation the progress plan is hold.

wooglin
Participante

I cannot believe this is not possible. Teams are useless as they are currently setup. 

zubair
Participante

I would love this too

zubair
Participante

how do I upvote the idea

Lionheart-Paul
Participante

Having all of the deals and communications visible to anyone is an issue that needs adddressing - in some organisations, some team's deals need to be screened from other teams, and the emails containing confidential information need to protected as well.

Being able to quarantine a teams' deals and emails would help to achieve this

rehanaj
Participante

In Sales reality, Account Managers work with many different reps, sales admin and technical people. They are part of multiple teams! Please make this happen in Hubspot, it doesn't make sense that the 'Team is what the Hubspot Owner is'.

MariaD
Miembro

I could not agree more. This is very important for our firm as well. This great limits reporting functionality.

WeSee
Miembro

Unfortunately HubSpot seem to be ignoring us. I realise I am using a free resource, but unfortunately without this functionality I can't stick with HubSpot and they will lose the potential for my growing business to become a paying customer.

Lionheart-Paul
Participante

Hey, WeSee - if we can build some like minded contributors and articulate what we would like to see, I think that HubSpot are litening closely. These things take time to understand and design right - let's give them a chance on a thread that's been going a couple of months.

VictorV
Miembro

It would help here as well. Definetily something to consider.

DamianoM
Participante

I think it could be very useful. So: for now is better to create multiple account and assign every account to one team? 

What do you think about it? 

hubspotmike
Miembro

Yes, the one to one relationship is to limiting for those of us to need to organization the teams concept provides, but need to wear multiple  hats across those multiple teams.