HubSpot Ideas

andyhampshire

Grant Users Access to Multiple Teams

We need the ability to grant users access to multiple teams so when they are creating deals, companies or contacts they can specify which team they are doing this for.

This will allow our support staff to support multiple individuals in a way they can't at the moment and in reality, in many businesses, an individual will often work with more than just their own team. The user permissions settings are far too basic at the moment with just 'individual', 'team' and 'everything' not granular enough.

151 Replies
agkmay

As marketing or sales ops, being able to share dashboards with your 'team' is only works if you are building dashboards for one team. Being able to have an 'admin' assigned to multiple teams so they can create dashboards is just one bandaid to the fact that there isn't a 'master admin' feature. 

This idea gets my upvote and priority!

MariaD

Yes-I hope that HubSpot fixes this soon.

TracySteel
Participant

I have a sales rep who looks after multiple locations in the UK. I need to create dashboards for MI reporting for each location, this is currently hard/impossible to do. I find it strange that this function doesn't exist already. Please build it in! How can you have a member only allowed in one team?

MariaD

I couldn't agree more Tracy. It's extremely limiting and makes the CRM almost useless to manage teams. Hopefully, HS will listen to the community on this.

hohmann
Participant

We have a number of contacts, resources, vendors, support services that all of our teams need access to. We created a generic user that owns these contacts and we want to add this user to all teams, so that everyone can see those contacts. There must be a way to share certain contacts with multiple teams without giving them access to all contacts.

dblock
Participant

Totally agree.  We have senior sales agents that work on several different teams.  Current configuration does not work.  

LPM
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

bump

Jon_Sasala

+1

AndreaTinner
Participant

Any progress? A more detailed team management and possibiliity to add users into more than one team would be core to use this feature properly.

attilioorelli

Upvote this idea

Sanna_E
Participant

This is something that would solve a lot of challanges for us. BIG upvote!

David1984

Yes this is a real limitation to us at the minute and limits how we can utilise the CRM at the minute

jdante
Participant

I'd like to use teams to create different groups who receive notifications from different form completions, but this is impossible if each person can only be on one team. It would make all of our forms much easier to update and keep track of who is receiving what.

WeSee

Unfortunately it would seem that HubSpot don't act upon or even acknowledge suggestions. I have waited and waited for an official response but nothing, so my organisation has just invested in Microsoft CRM. I wanted HubSpot as did many of my colleagues, but it was simply unworkable.

Stefrogo

It is also very important for me. We are a startup with a multitasking team. People work between teams, and this changes every week

tomdewalt
Participant

Really important for our operations where support staff is responsible for multiple teams.

SamFGibbs

This would be very helpful for us as well. Our staff can be assigned to both a client account team and a business unit. So multiple teams is a must!

MariaD

Hopefully, HS will make this a priority. Without it, the sales tool is not useful for the way our organization does sales - and it sounds like this is the case for many others as well.

SreeBalaji

Exactly, we have different teams with team heads. Its mandatory to given the user rights to respective team heads without conflicting with other teams. 

Sample Team StructureSample Team Structure

This is an example team structure which we need to set under user management. I hope HubSpot developer team would be aware about the importance of this user management improvements. Thank you.

Maurits

Great idea, otherwise we would like to ad a team manually to a contact.