HubSpot Ideas

slvale2

Google sheets integration

Currently, the integration only pulls in data from internal values not labels. For HubSpot default properties, like Deal Stage, internal names cannot be changes. This causes a string of numbers to show in the sheet instead of the property label name. Too much manual effort and workaround is required to make the data populated in the sheet from HubSpot actually understandable and usable. Please fix this!

9 Replies
AnneJJames
Participant

Yes, I'm getting a random string of numbers in Google Sheets when I try to pull Recent Conversion Date from HubSpot into a Google Sheets field in date format.

saps

Hi @slvale2, I'm a bit late to the discussion here: but this is something you could use Airboxr for, it is a GSheets plugin that imports and analyses your data from Hubspot... and includes readable values. Disclaimer that it is my product, happy to do a walkthrough if it helps.

Here's Airboxr on the Hubspot Marketplace: https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/9210258/marketplace/apps/marketing/analytics-data/airboxr. You can also learn more about our Hubspot integration here

Saps

LuciaDeNile
HubSpot Employee

@Anna  you can check this post for a workaround to sync date properties.

paytek_haley
Participant

+1!

This would be less of a problem if there was an easy way to export the internal values for our account - we could do a simple vlookup or index(match()) - but without being able to export those, I've had to resort to manually finding the data and creating a reference table for myself.

For deal stages you can hover over the embed icon for each stage under Settings > Objects > Deals > Pipelines to get the internal value.

But for owners IDs / user IDs it's much more difficult - for some reason, our account user IDs don't match Hubspot's Deal Owner IDs, so we have to go one by one and figure out which owner ID matches to which user.

We've been using Hubspot for almost 2 years now, and with every step forward there are always two steps back. Either make the reporting / data visualization system in Hubspot more robust so we don't need to export data, or make it easier to export data automatically without integrations / 3rd parties, please!

JeremyHong
Contributor | Diamond Partner

+1 for this.

I understand the need to use ID's on the backend, but it would be great if we could simply select what we want the output (internal value vs the label) to be within workflows (for example - with the "copy property to another property" action). 

If you're still looking for a workaround, see below. This requires a paid Zapier plan with the ability to create multi-step Zaps.

I created this Zap to pull all deals into a spreadsheet, and to update the deals on the sheet whenever there is a property change. 

JeremyHong_0-1662762256615.png

OVERVIEW OF STEPS

1. Trigger = Find or create spreadsheet row when new deal property change - this uses the "Last Modified Date" property
  2. Only continue if pipeline is XYZ - this allows me to only pull deals from a specific pipeline
  3. Get owner id - this allows you to pull in ALL owner information, which includes First name, Last name, email, etc.
  4. Get Pipeline Stage Details - similar to above, this allows you to pull in ALL pipeline/deal stage info, which includes deal stage labels, pipeline labels, etc.
  5. Look up spreadsheet row - this step pulls data from steps #2-4. See below screenshot for how this one is setup. Notice how "Deal Owner" and "Deal Stage" are pulling from steps 3 and 4, rather than from Step 1.

JeremyHong_1-1662762710420.png

Hope this helps!

jfrade
HubSpot Employee

Hi there,

I'm Jason Frade from the User Experience Team at HubSpot. My team and I are investigating this problem and would like to speak with customers who are experiencing this issue. Would any of you be interested in scheduling 30 minutes to speak with me about this? 

Thank you again,
Jason Frade
Sasmoer
Participant

Bumping this,

We currently want to automate our commission, we are still a relatively small company of 9 sales reps so it should be easy. Whenever a deal is won, quote is signed, and invoice paid a workflow triggers to copy some information about the deal and deal owner into a sheet. But the deal owner has a seperate ID from their user ID in the portal. Additionally, api has been updated and its really hard to navigate feels like some manuals are not updated either. Would be amazing to - as aforementioned - be able to recall labels. Within HubSpot I cannot find the label of deal owner ID and match it with the actual user ID.

M-Labeeq

The same issue I am facing cannot get the contact owner's name 
any here who can help me 

MLabeeq_1-1706695867975.png

M-Labeeq

Hey everyone after spending some time on the contact owner issue now I'm getting the automated name of the contact owner name by applying the formula in Google sheet. now create the date and the owner name is working as I can see in my Hubspot account.  

MLabeeq_0-1706699432496.png