HubSpot Ideas

JeanJones

Google My Business posting

Google My Business is a great tool for localized businesses to engage with customers, and people who leave reviews. It would be great to see whether we can integrate this similarly to how we integrated Google Plus (and since they are phasing this out it would be a wonderful replacement.) Here is the link to Google My Business and how it works - adding this feature to the social publishing tool would be a fantastic addition and help automate the process of engaging with reviews and customers who are visiting your business and leaving mentions throughout the web. Having this feature will help companies build loyalty and help start more conversations through 1-to-1 interactions. Could we possibly push this to the developers and see whether this is something that can be implemented in the near future? Thanks.

54 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dkarras I think that is great news about Google+ and hopefully will create a greater need for HubSpot and Google to work on the API to make it possible to support Google Posts outside of the MyBusiness platform.

BIllwITMK
Member | Gold Partner

With Google Plus going away by Aug. 2019, the integration of GMB will be quite crucial. Since it seems that Google is going to place more emphasis on GMB in local search results, posting and engagement will be important.

Definitely, a +1 from me.

BeauChipman

I would also like Google My Business to be integrated with the social options. Google + is on the way out and our team has been creating Google My Business postings regularly for a good while, now. We create a Google My Business post at least once a week. Having the ability to schedule posts out would be an amazing feature. I would love to see these feature be included in a 2019 update.

HuwenArnone
Contributor

It would be perfect, especially now that G+ will have no longer the integration running.

jrwthetreegroup
Participant | Partner

Yes please to this feature, especially as Google+ is stopping.

KadyJWhite
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Now that G+ is going away, a Google My Business integration would be fantastic. 

TGuthrie
Participant

Can I add to this request? I would like this feature on my social tools.

HelloKitty

Great idea~ Two hands up~

Rramirez

Completely agree. Hopefully Hubspot will implement it.

Currently looking for a solution that would allow to post in bulk to Google My Business.

Does anyone knows about a product that will allow to manage Google My Business? Your help is much appreciated!

MelJebril

Yes please do add this would be helpful to be able to schedule GMB posts from Hubspot 

fstjohn
Participant

think this would be a phenomenal addition, especially given that Google+ has been put out to pasture

dkarras
Contributor

Just an update on this.  I was reviewing different review management platforms and I stumbled upon one called http://sotellus.com that is a Google partner and has developed integration with Google MyBusiness posts... it's the first integration I've seen, nice to know it is possible... wondering if this has been on the radar of Hubspot developers yet?

DarrenS1985
Participant

I think it would be good to integrate HubSpot meetings into the "Reserve with Google" functionality as well.

This way, it would allow HubSpot to maintain its use for appointments, etc, but allow for potential clients/customers/etc to book an appointment with you directly through Google Maps, Google search or on your My Business profile.

mbinmasoud
Contributor

I would use GMB posting a lot more if it can integrate with HubSpot. Otherwise, it's too much work to deal with it. 

+1 vote. 

WillDekrey
HubSpot Product Team

We understand the importance of reviews to accelerating our customers' flywheels. We continue to monitor opportunities related to reviews and reputation management, and do envision making product investments in the future. At the moment, however, we have not prioritized development in this area.

dkarras
Contributor

@WillDekrey this feature request didn't have anything to do with reputation management.  We were hoping to see Google's Business Posts features added to the Social tool, as G+ used to be.  Google's Posts feature I think is a social tool very much aligned and on-brand with the Hubspot social functionality.  Not sure why you are calling out reputation management as a reason to close it down here.

WillDekrey
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the clarification @dkarras! From conversations with mutual users of HubSpot and Google My Business, we've heard that most would want an integration to cover multiple components of GMB's surface area: e.g., incorporate visibility into reviews, the ability to respond to those reviews, the ability to post, and potentially the ability to manage appointments. It's valuable to understand that you would be satisfied with only the posting functionality.

ambyrd

This is the one place where I am disappointed with HubSpot! Google My Business is so crucial to local SEO, and Wordpress/ Dlvr.it posts to GMB no problem. Please add this feature!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WillDekrey  Agree with @dkarras  - ability to schedule social posts to GMB would be a huge advantage and time saver, for us social media scheduling is a completely separate process than reputation management. 

Do we need to start a new idea specific to the social post aspect for consideration?

For those looking for reputation management, but Yext and Birdeye integrate with HubSpot (we've used both and have settled with Yext) - you can streamline your review requests and centralize your reputation management well beyond GMB.

GillBraysh
Participant

Any further consideration for being able to post to Google My Business?  It would be really great for seo and ease of posting.  There are plenty of alternative applications which can post to My Business which could me not using Hubspot to do the same.

Google+ was abandoned by Google in 2019 with Google My Business being the prime tool.  Please can Hubspot add the integration to Hubspot Social.

Thanks