HubSpot Ideas

alewolf

Google Ads API or Marketing API

Hi 

We would like to retrieve the gclid (Google Ads ID) for each contact that has been generated through Google Ads. It will help us to make our own calculations on those and upload the offline conversions with our calculated value to Google Ads. 

And now that  even Zapier supports uploading Google Ads offline conversions, it is really just HubSpot that is falling behind in offering a better access to marketing data for data driven marketers like us. (bear in mind, that's data that you definitley store, but just don't offer to be accessed by your clients)

https://zapier.com/apps/google-ads/integrations/hubspot/88846/log-google-ads-offline-conversions-for...

Could you please make this plublic?

Thanks

5 Kommentare
Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
katie_koenig
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi @alewolf, thank you for your idea! We actually do have an offline conversions integration with Google, it is currently in a Public Beta. It will be live to all Marketing Hub Enterprise customers on 9/18/20. If you'd like to be ungated for this feature before 9/18/20, please let your CSM know or message me your portal ID.

Thanks,

Katie

alewolf
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Partner

Hi @katie_koenig 

I know about your beta, but:

1. Our clients are not on Marketing Hub Enterprise

2. I am prettys sure it will be limited in its flexibility like the HubSpot Google Ads integration. So we would prefer if we could use an API to access the data and upload the conversions ourselves, after running our own calculations. 

3. Having to wait and hope that additional features in the offline conversion tool will be available when we request them will be frustrating. We are simply a lot faster to get implemented what we need when having access to the API. 

4. See it as a friendly competition. If we are able the leverage more from the API than what your tool has to offer there is something to learn. 

Thanks

Aleks

Jonathan-B
Mitglied

@alewolf in most cases you can extract this parameter from the Referring Site fields on the contacts, it will be there.

If you're good as your attitude, it should be easy for you.

TVirgil
Mitglied

The Google Ads API is the modern programmatic interface to Google Ads and the next generation of the AdWords API. It enables developers to interact directly with the Google Ads platform , vastly increasing the efficiency of managing large or complex Google Ads accounts and campaigns.

NPAccel
Mitglied

@hubspot I second the need to create a tool that dynamically populates the GCLID in Google Ads. Salesforce does this effectively and efficiently. Hubspot's process is clunky and manual. Most small, DIY type of businesses benefit from the Google Ads tool currently available but I think there is a large market with Medium sized business that needs a tool like this.