HubSpot Ideas

jetguy

Gmail Follow-up task button.

Hello,

I really like the CRM functionality that allows me to create a follow-up task right from the email draft window. 

zCapture.JPG

I think this would be very handy on the Gmail platform. 

What do you think?

21 Replies
Cristian

I'd agree, it's nice that this feature is now available within the CRM. It would be super helpful if this was also available in the Gmail add-on!

gferranti

It will be Super useful.

@jetguy wrote:

Hello,

I really like the CRM functionality that allows me to create a follow-up task right from the email draft window. 

zCapture.JPG

What do you think?

ericmurphy
Participant | Elite Partner

I agree, having the 'Follow up task' in GMail will be really useful, and another great selling point for the platform.

rhendrickson

Yes! It would be super helpful and efficient!

@jetguy wrote:

Hello,

zCapture.JPG

What do you think?

chrisgee

+1 from every user of Gmail extension. This should totally be in there. 

MarkWainwright
Participant

Excellent idea. +1

BBarnes2511
Participant

Need this feature!!!!

lionie

Please add this feature.

sjonespf7606

This feature would be very useful.

stevenq95

Can't believe it's been 3 years without this feature.

olimottola
Contributor

This would be extremely useful. Hubspot does not allow you to manage your inbox at all and thus the result is that my reps are using the gmail interface to send emails. 

This means that all the reps are not able to use the function to create follow up tasks..

Is there any plan around this feature?

Halperna

Creating a quick "follow-up task" would be a significant timesaver when you're pounding the phones.

BryanWatkins

I would love to see a "create followup task" option within Gmail.  If there was a way to add the "Send and complete task" along with a way to create a followup like there is within hubspot that would be amazing as well.  It would save a lot of steps! 

rasky

PLEASE!!! I not where a lot of hats at my company including sales and I have to use Gmail for internal comms unrelated to leads/deals, not having access to the follow-up task is super frustrating. 

Norman
Participant

+1 please add. Since 2017th nothing replied here(

aylalawlor

I agree!

Right now, I am using another paid service for this (Boomerang), but it doesn't work as well as Hubspot tasks.  Since we are already paying for Hubspot, it would be great if I could create follow up tasks directly in my Gmail inbox.  Right now I have to search hubspot for the email contact for each email, and then make a follow up task under that contact.  It wastes a lot of time

Lchesworth

+1. This would be very helpful.

rachelmuradyan
HubSpot Employee

This is definitely possible! Just click on the HubSpot sprocket in any Gmail compose window and create a follow up task there.

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 8.48.54 PM.png

jetguy
Participant

Thank you, it is now. I posted this in 2017, I like to think this post helped push this functionality. 

DPonoroff

I don't see this button next to the send button in my system. I think I read in a separate forum that the button may have been removed as a part of a recent redesign. Is that true, or is there something missing in my system? This would really be a wonderful button to be able to use.