HubSpot Ideas

dstruckman

Gmail Add-on, please

Please replace the Chrome Extension with a Gmail Add-on in order to conform with Gmail UI best practices. I love the Add-on sidebar and do not like the way the Chrome Extension lives outside of it.

As noted in this post the screen gets cluttered when an Add-on is open and the HubSpot extension is also open. The current HubSpot implimentation also makes the email unreadable in this same scenario:

Bad DesignBad Design

I would really love to see a proper Gmail Add-on. Thank you!

2 Replies
dstruckman

It's beyond absurd that a company this size won't integrate properly with Gmail. Look what happens when two plugins don't do it properly!

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.32.43 AM.png

And what's worse is that when I try to open the HubSpot plugin, the Nudge plugin shows instead. Then I have to "open" nudge in order to get HubSpot to show. It rediculous and it's not acceptable to say, "Well, then don't use Nudge." No, create a proper Gmail Add-on!!

mxjrdn

I completely agree. It's surprising to me that Google doesn't crack down on these apps and force them to reside in a sidebar like this. I still love Hubspot, but this should definitely be addressed. 

My best guess as to why this hasn't happend yet is a technical limitation on Gmail Add-Ons vs. Chrome Extensions and that Chrome Extensions can actually modify the rest of the page. I'm assuming Gmail Add-Ons are sandboxed into their sidebar and cannot modify the content of the compose view, for example. Hoping this gets addressed one day, so posting to add my voice.